I don`t understand Wurt

10 minutes ago, LaurelWreaths said:

Meanwhile bunny hutches cost 3 Twigs 3 Stone 2 Rope to make 12 of them

Bunny stats are more comparable to Merms, not guards. Bunnies can't gather resources 24/7 (neither can pigs), in pubs people will cry if you put them on the surface, you can't brain dead press space to pick their loot when farming them (unless you're using mods), they sleep at day time, they don't talk, creating more Bunny hutches after you cleared the caves is slow (Bearger can only appear once a year on default settings), you can use the wood from the hutches to make the merms then use the merms to get wood for the bunny, she is a better Maxwell as long as you have seeds on you, if you ignore his sanity regen.

If you play long enough as her your world will have only one turf and be infested of merms.

That being said, she is not op in any shape or form. You should've bought Wortox if you wanted that, yes.

2 minutes ago, Sweaper said:

Bunny stats are more comparable to Merms, not guards. Bunnies can't gather resources 24/7 (neither can pigs), in pubs people will cry if you put them on the surface, you can't brain dead press space to pick their loot when farming them (unless you're using mods), they sleep at day time, they don't talk, creating more Bunny hutches after you cleared the caves is slow (Bearger can only appear once a year on default settings), you can use the wood from the hutches to make the merms then use the merms to get wood for the bunny, she is a better Maxwell as long as you have seeds on you, if you ignore his sanity regen.

If you play long enough as her your world will have only one turf and be infested of merms.

That being said, she is not op in any shape or form. You should've bought Wortox if you wanted that, yes.

Aaaand this is what I was looking for. You make a good point and I haven`t considered for a second the resource gathering. Just one more thing. What do you do about caves/ruins. Do you make a king there as well?

1 minute ago, LaurelWreaths said:

Aaaand this is what I was looking for. You make a good point and I haven`t considered for a second the resource gathering. Just one more thing. What do you do about caves/ruins. Do you make a king there as well?

Depends on whether you want guards, I personally won't bother with them for ruins, a lot of time wasted getting tentacle spots. The usual merms, when in big numbers, are pretty good against enemies without AoE attacks.

Wurt, as she is right now, is exactly the type of new character DST should have. I don't want the new character to always be more OP than the last one. Some game developers do that. Let's think of Bayonetta in SSB4, and then they added Cloud and so on. Whoooaa he's soo good that's amazing. Yea everybody is playing him now. 

Wurt is well balanced; challenging downsides and original perks. Makes you play differently. It also revives the whole swamp, the merm mob and the fishing in pond mechanic. Idk for you but I was never fishing in pond before. WIth Wurt I just can't help but have a fish from every pond I cross path :p

Have heard her sing the carol???! Painful and so cute at the same time ^^ 

10 hours ago, LaurelWreaths said:

TL;DR in the end Wurt trades meat and pigs for easier to craft cobblestone roads (her Marsh tuft)

(Should`ve bought Wortox instead)

I agree that Wurt doesn't contribute all that much to the metagame, but as others have pointed out, it's a new character with a new playstyle. That being said, it would be so nice if Klei would just make the merm houses incombustible in summer. It makes sense in the context of a moist swamp environment from which the merm houses originated, and it gives merms a unique perk that pig houses and bunnyman hutches lack. 

2 minutes ago, Rosten said:

imo wurt is bad bc she's like webber where her whole gimmick is completely incompatible with the rest of the cast. like, this is a multiplayer game. why.

Having a King makes all merms neutral to the other survivors, and she can make disguises for them so they can make use of merms as well. Webber has neither of these.

11 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

Which is exactly the reason why SSB4 was dropped out of existance the moment Ultimate came out.

no ssb4 dropped out of play when ultimate came out because that's how most video games that aren't melee work. it's pretty rare that people stay behind in competitive games after sequels come out.

Archived