Fish spoilage doesn't make sense

Currently, spoiled fish is only obtained when alive fish starves to death, fish meats don't provide spoiled fish. However, if you murder it moment before it starves you get FRESH fish morsel or fish meat and NO spoiled fish. The moment after that when fish dies you don't get fish meats and only get spoiled fish. This seems to be very sudden change between states. The spoiled fish itself looks like a fish that got rotten a while ago but fish dies way earlier it gets rotten like that. I think transition should be alive fish -> fish meat (small/normal) -> spoiled fish. Also, all types of fish turn into the same spoiled fish with same loot table (50% rot / 50% bone shards) ignoring size of the fish unlike corresponding fish meat type. There should be two types of spoiled fish too.

28 minutes ago, Charesque said:

I know that this is besides the topic, but it's a shame we can't really keep fish as pets. My inner Wurt is pretty upset.
Yeah that's it.
Oh and I must agree on the current fish dying/spoiling thing, it doesn't make much sense.

Actually the Tin Fish In' Bin makes fish regain their freshness at a rate equivalent to 33% of their spoiling rate but it only accepts salt water fish tho.

33 minutes ago, Lammarr said:

Actually the Tin Fish In' Bin makes fish regain their freshness at a rate equivalent to 33% of their spoiling rate but it only accepts salt water fish tho.

That's great to know! I didn't think Fishing bin did restore fish's freshness.

That wouldn't make any sense either since the fish meat will magically grows a head upon rotting. What would make sense is to make the fish meat's freshness equal to the freshness of the fish when murdered, but that's a nerf to fishes and people wouldn't like it.

Archived