1st time really playing Oassisse map, is it supposed to be this hot?

Why have my swamp biomes turned into 555 C, 156Kg steam? Also since I have gotten down there it has been getting hotter and hotter. Was about to set up a water lock to keep all that chlorine in there. Looks like the slime and algae are melting or umm have melted?!? Will atmo / dupes survive in the 500 C + area? And how in the world am I supposed to cool this off? All I have for cooling atm is a cool slush geyser I found.

Right now I've got some atmo suits, and access to steel haven't done much with oil as I just finally stabilized about 30 cycles ago and now have "too much oxygen now". Never really gone into space yet in any of my play troughs, still learning here and there.

The map gen dint say anything about volcanoes or magma channels just plain ole map with geodormant, and metal poor is only things it said at creation.

IsItMentToBeThisHot.png

MySwampIsSteamy.png

I have to assume that Swamp Biome is "open" to the Oil or Magma layers at the bottom.  Since it goes across the entire biome, I'd assume there are multiple breaches.

[Edit]  Actually, do you remember what modifiers the asteroid had?  You might have the Magma Channels or Volcanoes traits.  Magma Channels will have protrusions from the Magma Biome rising up towards the Starter Biome, while Volcanoes will place a number of uncovered Magma Volcanoes randomly around the map, usually with pots of Magma already present.  The Volcanoes will not have any Abyssalite containing the heat.

Geodormant, and metal poor are the only modifers

[Edit] Just looked at one of my exo suits said melting temp is 326.9 C, I made them out of copper does that change melting temp? I know I should get plastic up and make a steam turbine, but wont it just break?

Copper changes melting point for sure. copper ore says melting point 1083c, not sure if exosuit changes that atm, I'm back to cycle 13.

turbine has +1000c overheat (but shuts itself off if it goes over 100c, so if you don't make it out of lead, you should be good there(you'd have to cool a place above the heat to build it).you build the turbine usually with an aquatuner under it to help move heat in. in your case you have plenty of heat available.

On 11/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, Rhaged said:

Just looked at one of my exo suits said melting temp is 326.9 C, I made them out of copper does that change melting temp?

16 hours ago, FSharpDotNet said:

Copper changes melting point for sure. copper ore says melting point 1083c, not sure if exosuit changes that atm, I'm back to cycle 13.

No. Atmosuits are made out of dirt regardless of which recipe you used.

On 11/20/2019 at 1:29 AM, Rhaged said:

Geodormant, and metal poor are the only modifers

[Edit] Just looked at one of my exo suits said melting temp is 326.9 C, I made them out of copper does that change melting temp? I know I should get plastic up and make a steam turbine, but wont it just break?

The suits have mass and hence take a while to heat up. Unless a suited dupe falls into magma, it should not be an issue.

Archived