Norilita    2

Hey Folks!

So I just started Don't Starve Together again after I haven't played for a few weeks and I noticed that a lot of my Skins are missing... Actualy... Pretty much all of them.

I just added the Wurt- Bundle (or updated my "Starter Pack" because this was cheaper) and now all there is left are the ones I got with this pack. Except for some backpags and stuff but all my clothing is gone :(

I had tons of shirts, shoes, gloves, pants, a shadow dress, driving gloves, knucled gloves, tuxedo gloves, all sorts of awesome stuff and it is all gone. Could this new bundle be the reason and is there ANY way to get my stuff back? This really sucks....

Thanks!

• Sad 2

CarlZalph    3,140

Known issue with how the game handles stuff in the backend.

Current workaround is to either trade-inn your dupes to get your item count down, or trade your items to an alt account for storage.

The items should still all be viewable in the Steam inventory interface, it's just an upper limit cap somewhere between Klei and Steam for inventories that they haven't resolved yet.

• Like 2

PeterA    4,416
3 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

The items should still all be viewable in the Steam inventory interface, it's just an upper limit cap somewhere between Klei and Steam for inventories that they haven't resolved yet.

The issue will also cause some items to not appear in your Steam inventory though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

CarlZalph    3,140
1 hour ago, PeterA said:

The issue will also cause some items to not appear in your Steam inventory though.

Oh, ho?  That would seem doubly bad, then!

I don't think it's a thing on Valve's end.  Would it be the interaction between Klei's item management <-> Valve's inducing this cap?

Norilita    2

They are all not visible in my Steam inventory either.

It's aslo not so many that this should be the problem. I read about something around 3000 items? I'm sure I don't have even 1000, maybe a few hundred but I trade them in sometimes if I have doubles and such.

Edited by Norilita
Providing More Info

JustCrimson    277
On 11/8/2019 at 8:49 AM, Norilita said:

Hey Folks!

So I just started Don't Starve Together again after I haven't played for a few weeks and I noticed that a lot of my Skins are missing... Actualy... Pretty much all of them.

I just added the Wurt- Bundle (or updated my "Starter Pack" because this was cheaper) and now all there is left are the ones I got with this pack. Except for some backpags and stuff but all my clothing is gone :(

I had tons of shirts, shoes, gloves, pants, a shadow dress, driving gloves, knucled gloves, tuxedo gloves, all sorts of awesome stuff and it is all gone. Could this new bundle be the reason and is there ANY way to get my stuff back? This really sucks....

Thanks!

You still have them, it just wiped your cache, no clue why it does this it pissed me off

Norilita    2
14 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

You still have them, it just wiped your cache, no clue why it does this it pissed me off

That's a relief. In a werid way though... Any idea as to how my things will be visible again?

JustCrimson    277
7 hours ago, Norilita said:

That's a relief. In a werid way though... Any idea as to how my things will be visible again?

Try going back into your wardrobe and adding the clothing items back on them

Norilita    2
On 10.11.2019 at 7:01 PM, JustCrimson said:

Try going back into your wardrobe and adding the clothing items back on them

I'm not sure what you mean... I don't have any of those items in my wardrobe?

JustCrimson    277
Just now, Norilita said:

I'm not sure what you mean... I don't have any of those items in my wardrobe?

Then I guess its just a matter of time until they fix it, I guess I just got lucky and it just reset anything and didnt hide my items. I dont even know how something like that could happen

Norilita    2
Just now, JustCrimson said:

Then I guess its just a matter of time until they fix it, I guess I just got lucky and it just reset anything and didnt hide my items. I dont even know how something like that could happen

Lucky you :)

I only have 3 pairs of sneakers left and I think a shirt. Yay... Bit I'll just wait. I'm already relieved they're not gone for good but just.... invisible at the moment. 

Thanks anyway for the suggestion

JustCrimson    277
Just now, Norilita said:

Lucky you :)

I only have 3 pairs of sneakers left and I think a shirt. Yay... Bit I'll just wait. I'm already relieved they're not gone for good but just.... invisible at the moment. 

Thanks anyway for the suggestion

worst case you lose everything and you get the complain and get free items lmao

Norilita    2
Just now, JustCrimson said:

worst case you lose everything and you get the complain and get free items lmao

Well then I want them ALL! :D  In all seriousness though I had some awesome stuff. Not too much but what I had was good. My brother always complained how I got all the good stuff and he just got normal pants or shirts ^^

PeterA    4,416
On 11/8/2019 at 2:39 PM, CarlZalph said:

I don't think it's a thing on Valve's end.  Would it be the interaction between Klei's item management <-> Valve's inducing this cap?

Nah, the ~3000 item limit is a consequence of how we're accessing DynamoDB (where we store the items database).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Starlogy    2,537

hopefully this issue is resolved soon! I've been fortunate enough to not be affected by this, but I'm sure it'll be a relief to figure out the problem.

Norilita    2
16 hours ago, PeterA said:

Nah, the ~3000 item limit is a consequence of how we're accessing DynamoDB (where we store the items database).

Well apparently this is not due to the item limit. I don't see them either in the game or Steam. Is there any way to fix this on my end or will I just have to wait until they reappear?

PeterA    4,416
6 hours ago, Norilita said:

Well apparently this is not due to the item limit. I don't see them either in the game or Steam. Is there any way to fix this on my end or will I just have to wait until they reappear?

Post your KLEI USER ID, you can get that from logging in to accounts.klei.com, and I'll take a look at your account.

• Thanks 2

Norilita    2
18 hours ago, PeterA said:

Post your KLEI USER ID, you can get that from logging in to accounts.klei.com, and I'll take a look at your account.

KLEI USER ID
KU_ElxkhXfO