Maximum attribute level

I am having trouble finding information on things that factor into maximum attribute level.  Maybe some of you with late-game duplicants can answer this.
Do any of the following affect a dupe's maximum attribute level?

• Interests
  • Positive/negative traits with attribute modifiers
  • Skills with attribute modifiers
  • Anything else I may be missing?

3 hours ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

(a dupe with only interest of digging starts @ digging 7 and ends with digging 27

A dupe with digging as only interest starts out with a skill level 7 / 20 in excavation, the interest is not counted as a bonus separately from the skill level.

Only duplicant traits (e.g. Mole Hands) and bonusses - temporary (atmo suit) as well as permanent (skills; e.g. Hard Digging) - are treated separately and adjust the cap accordingly.

1 hour ago, wronny said:

A dupe with digging as only interest starts out with a skill level 7 / 20 in excavation, the interest is not counted as a bonus separately from the skill level.

Well that sucks.  I thought those points were also on top of the 20 you can train.

4 hours ago, wronny said:

Only duplicant traits (e.g. Mole Hands) and bonusses - temporary (atmo suit) as well as permanent (skills; e.g. Hard Digging) - are treated separately and adjust the cap accordingly.

1 hour ago, powerguy1983 said:

Do negative trait modifiers potentially reduce the attribute cap?  For example, is a dupe with the anemic trait (-5 athletics) capped at 15 athletics if no other skills or positive traits are affecting the attribute?

I'm going to conclude a yes because of the previous statement.  A trait is a trait, negative or positive.

32 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

I'm going to conclude a yes because of the previous statement.  A trait is a trait, negative or positive.

Should be. I do not take those, so I cannot be fully sure. But positive traits (not interests) just get added directly to whatever skill value (0...20) the dupe has, so negative ones should be too.

The XP tracking mod shows that interests count as starting levels, not bonus levels. So you start at 7/20 cooking, and have to get all the XP needed to reach level 8.

Duplicant traits DO add or subtract as a direct bonus. A dupe with -5 athletics is actually level 0/20 minus 5. There aren't many stat traits but do keep an eye out for them.

Archived