New Content ? New Patch ?

well, the game has been released and there are no major bugs (to my knowledge)

Also there are (at least) two different projects (Griftlands (Alpha) and Dont Starve (ongoing content releases)) that might pull resources.

Even though ongoing content (similar to DT) would be sweet, my hopes are more for some kind of DLC. Halloween would have been a good time to announce one. The next time is christmas.

If you want the old EA experience back, you should buy griftlands, they are releasing new patches every 6 weeks there. It is already pretty polished, but the content is still growing.

If I good remember, ONI team working at fixing bugs and also at DLC.

On 18.03.2019 at 10:35 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

With that, we feel Oxygen Not Included is ready for a full launch. After we've officially launched, we will continue to make quality of life improvements and bug fixes, while the bulk of the team will be moving on to building DLC for the game, where we can explore further ideas and expansions to ONI's world.

On 30.07.2019 at 6:21 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

The adventure’s not over yet, either. We'll continue fixing bugs and balance after launch, so please keep sending your feedback and reports! We also have more we want to do with the game in the future, so keep an eye out for announcements. 

New stuff is comming for sure but they will likely not announce anything untill it`s ready. Before they had trouble fitting in the schedule, new upates were buggy and some left unfixed untile the next major update. I think they rather have some solid work done before they announce anything new.

4 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

New stuff is comming for sure but they will likely not announce anything untill it`s ready. Before they had trouble fitting in the schedule, new upates were buggy and some left unfixed untile the next major update. I think they rather have some solid work done before they announce anything new.

I agree. Before they did many small updates to content, as is usual for early-access. For a DLC, they want something larger. Personally, I expect a number of DLCs over a time of years, because they have now a really impressive core game that, in addition, is also pretty timeless. A bit like "Don't Starve", which is not my thing, but which similar in that. They have what, 4 larger DLCs out for Don't Starve? 

Archived