2kg+ of pO2 and pufts are always starving??

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

This pic is just about one way locking rooms and to answer your question the bottles will stack into a single one, you can use a pressure plate to determine how much kg you want in the bottle

The main idea is to use 2 doors stacked with the bottom door open with automation so dupes can run freely in and out of the room

20191024132136_1.thumb.jpg.ff11913467c6a3fb0ad7896f6b908a8a.jpg

when automation locks the bottom door the dupe will need to climb to the top door to leave the room

20191024132158_1.thumb.jpg.1035e23488fda484067661ad24865383.jpg20191024132224_1.thumb.jpg.847be09b01ea6cfeeba7327a205310ea.jpg

the top doors settings are set so dupes can only pass though going right only

0000000001.png.90711ac7ddd92a1a77fc9c15d0262768.png

now the dupes are locked out of the room with no way back in until automation opens the bottom door

20191024132244_1.thumb.jpg.25edd0f606e932767783f6ca2bc53cb5.jpg

Very nice. Clever.

But I'm still worried that killing my morbs will give me problem to produce enough p02. I always have 24 pufts in my scheme. How many bottles of what volume I need to feed 24 pufts?

2 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

Very nice. Clever.

But I'm still worried that killing my morbs will give me problem to produce enough p02. I always have 24 pufts in my scheme. How many bottles of what volume I need to feed 24 pufts?

not too hard to figure out, a puft consumes about 50kg PO2 per cycle and a puft prince consumes 30kg PO2 per cycle

PW bottles convert PH2O to PO2 at a 1:1 ratio so just add up how many pufts you have and that should give you an average of how much PW you need

2 hours ago, Neotuck said:

not too hard to figure out, a puft consumes about 50kg PO2 per cycle and a puft prince consumes 30kg PO2 per cycle

PW bottles convert PH2O to PO2 at a 1:1 ratio so just add up how many pufts you have and that should give you an average of how much PW you need

What do you mean, if i have 25 tons bottle how much pO2 would it emits per turn?

Also, since I've 24 pufts that would mean 18 x 50 = 900 + 6 x 30 = 180, so 1080kg of polluted water per cycle, isn't that a lot?

13 hours ago, gaucho_tche said:

Also, since I've 24 pufts that would mean 18 x 50 = 900 + 6 x 30 = 180, so 1080kg of polluted water per cycle, isn't that a lot?

I was going off the Wiki page, but it doesn't always have accurate info so it might be less

ok so I was thinking, the only way to mantain such a pH2O consumption is thru carbon skimmers.

each carbon skimmers produces 1kg/s of pH2O. A cycle has 600 seconds so that's 600kg/cycle. 2 carbon skimmers would be enough for 1080kg of pO2 (1080kg/cycle). Problem is it would still requires lot's of H2O to main the carbon skimmers, the same amount of the p02 produced, which would be around 1080kg/cycle of H2O.

So, I will would like to know what's the math to know how much pO2 a bottle throws each second?

So i've a Geyser giving me water, I've attached it's analyses and also the oni calculator data. How much H2O is it producing ON AVERAGE per cycle at the end? I don't understand the calculator output.

geyser.jpg

geyser.jpg

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

If you don't mind me asking, what do you need the pufts for?  Slime production for dust cap farming? Algae production? Critter meat?  Eventually you'll need to ask yourself if ranching 24 pufts is worth it

So I've give up in getting ride of the morbs... I find that it consumes a lot of resources to mantain the pufts without morbs..

But I've confirmed what you have said that because of the morbs the pufts are stuck without feeding...

But still i am close to maintaining my slime level with that setup. So yes, it's for slime and dust caps.

What's your suggestion?

2 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

But still i am close to maintaining my slime level with that setup. So yes, it's for slime and dust caps.

What's your suggestion?

dust cap farming is best viewed as a mid tier food supply, there is plenty of slime on most maps to farm them before reaching the next tier of food

my suggestion is put more efforts into dirt farming for sustainable sleet wheat farming, it's a fun challenge and more rewarding 

1 hour ago, Neotuck said:

dust cap farming is best viewed as a mid tier food supply, there is plenty of slime on most maps to farm them before reaching the next tier of food

my suggestion is put more efforts into dirt farming for sustainable sleet wheat farming, it's a fun challenge and more rewarding 

Do you mean to make Frost bun with it? It requires lots of dirt, which i find very difficult to produce

45 minutes ago, gaucho_tche said:

Do you mean to make Frost bun with it? It requires lots of dirt, which i find very difficult to produce

Frost buns, berry sludge, and pepper bread.  All are better foods than fried mushrooms.

There are many ways to produce dirt, it depends on what resources you have to work with

22 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

Frost buns, berry sludge, and pepper bread.  All are better foods than fried mushrooms.

There are many ways to produce dirt, it depends on what resources you have to work with

What do you suggest to produce it? In the end it should be something that rely only in power or water, cause that's what's more renewable.

Just now, gaucho_tche said:

What do you suggest to produce it? In the end it should be something that rely only in power or water, cause that's what's more renewable.

My favorite choice is using a water sieve with compost.  This would require a PH2O geyser or CO2 geyser (with skimmer) on your map

You can also farm for rot piles by planting other crops in mass quantities depending on what extra resources you have available and rot the crops by storing them in PO2

Some players like to cook the dirt but I haven't seen a method that's dirt positive unless you plan to cook slime from puft farms

Also it is important to set up fertilizer production for sleet wheat, true that will cost some extra dirt but you save much more in the long run by reducing the dirt requirements of each harvest by half

43 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

My favorite choice is using a water sieve with compost.  This would require a PH2O geyser or CO2 geyser (with skimmer) on your map

You can also farm for rot piles by planting other crops in mass quantities depending on what extra resources you have available and rot the crops by storing them in PO2

Some players like to cook the dirt but I haven't seen a method that's dirt positive unless you plan to cook slime from puft farms

Also it is important to set up fertilizer production for sleet wheat, true that will cost some extra dirt but you save much more in the long run by reducing the dirt requirements of each harvest by half

What do you say about this? I find it difficult without a save game

Fried mushrooms give 93kcal per 1kg of slime, whereas frost buns only provide 80kcal per 1kg of dirt, so only 40kcal per 1kg of slime if you're cooking it into dirt. 

However frost buns are really just an ingredient of the fabled frost burger. As long as you can get meat and lettuce, then sleet wheat provides 400kcal of top tier eatings per kg of dirt, so still 200kcal if you're cooking slime, plus the pufts will contribute to your meat supply. 

Actually i don't really care about the food quality cause I'm at low stress. With the morbs and mushrooms i get "free" food. The only drawback is the dupes always having to attend the pufts. Also it certainly hurts the game performance, and the pufts are unable to breath in the best frequency

1 hour ago, gaucho_tche said:

Actually i don't really care about the food quality cause I'm at low stress. With the morbs and mushrooms i get "free" food. The only drawback is the dupes always having to attend the pufts. Also it certainly hurts the game performance, and the pufts are unable to breath in the best frequency

If you don't care about quality, you can just ranch hatches for eggs and meat, they are a lot easier to raise than pufts and easier to breed than morbs

On 10/24/2019 at 9:00 AM, nakomaru said:

It works. In the picture the bottom liquid is 200kg brine and the top liquid is ~1000T polluted water. It explodes into huge quantities of polluted oxygen a few times a cycle.

7.thumb.gif.4d5ec312abce290b988b79b8532e6fc7.gif

Keep the gas pressure above the PW below 1800g and the PW itself high.

Hijacking this thread to say, What a clever setup for the deodorizers, pretty nice.

Do you have an automated design for it? Do they eat regolits?

There's a few in the forums. I can try to post my current version tonight if I have time. 

No, they don't eat regolith, but if you melt regolith to magma and resolidify it to igneous rock, Stone Hatches will eat that. 

15 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

There's a few in the forums. I can try to post my current version tonight if I have time. 

No, they don't eat regolith, but if you melt regolith to magma and resolidify it to igneous rock, Stone Hatches will eat that. 

Ok i will wait for your design. But what do you give them to eat then?

Ok but how do you feed them with "Stone tiles" ? Also that just confirms that the one design that comes to mind when talking about sustenability is the morbs-pufts-mushrooms. Since you have to feed them with Stone, Stone ends.

1) There is enough igneous and sedimentary rock on the map to feed stone hatches for hundreds of cycles. 

2) Magma can be cooled to igneous rock so is an infinite resource. 

3) Regolith can be melted I to magma, leading back to point 2.

2 hours ago, beowulf2010 said:

1) There is enough igneous and sedimentary rock on the map to feed stone hatches for hundreds of cycles. 

2) Magma can be cooled to igneous rock so is an infinite resource. 

3) Regolith can be melted I to magma, leading back to point 2.

I've decided to make a dense puft ranching design for meat. Tomorrow i will do it. Since they breath anything it's very sustenable. Can you help on how many i need to kill each turn for 20 dupes?

Archived