Renewablity of bone shards in DST

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

They do have bone shards, but you destroy them 1 time and that s it

That’s my point.. the dogs should always be building new bone piles out there somewhere.. maybe not in the same area (so players can’t just go to a spot and farm it endlessly) but Somewhere!

On 2019-10-22 at 9:22 AM, Catteflyterpill said:

For bones I think you should be able to make them out of Hound Teeth, since those become so abundant.

Would be great to be able to, but doesn’t make sense as teeth isn’t the same material as bone. Perhaps just add it as additional drop from horror hounds/pengulls.

I would say I'd love to convert houndsteeth into bones in some way, I have no idea what to do with the metric ton of them I've collected over my time surviving on a server. I at least can find more use out of bones than houndsteeth, (especially as Warly or Wormwood).

P.S. Even without this conversion, anyone have an idea how to dispose of a large amount of houndsteeth in a relatively small amount of time?

15 minutes ago, knaveofclubs22 said:

anyone have an idea how to dispose of a large amount of houndsteeth in a relatively small amount of time?

Lureplants. Plant somewhere safe a lureplant and cover most of its surrounding in a turf  that prevents plants growth (like wooden flooring, or rocky turf) except a small bit so at least an eye appears there, and dispose all your teeth to the eye.

The plant will slowly digest the teeth over the year, but you will not see them anymore. Also I love and second your idea to turn teeth into bones somehow.

4 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Lureplants. Plant somewhere safe a lureplant and cover most of its surrounding in a turf  that prevents plants growth (like wooden flooring, or rocky turf) except a small bit so at least an eye appears there, and dispose all your teeth to the eye.

The plant will slowly digest the teeth over the year. Also I love and second your idea to turn teeth into bones somehow.

I think one considerable way to convert teeth into bones would be have teeth be used as a resource to gather something that can drop bones: Such as using hounds teeth to make deep sea fishing rod, and some of the fish you catch can be left out to die/rot and become bones, kinda like on the lunar island or like SW.

4 minutes ago, knaveofclubs22 said:

I think one considerable way to convert teeth into bones would be have teeth be used as a resource to gather something that can drop bones: Such as using hounds teeth to make deep sea fishing rod, and some of the fish you catch can be left out to die/rot and become bones, kinda like on the lunar island or like SW.

That could be, so use them as an ingredient to get the other resource with some work/waiting in the middle.

And regarding getting rid of them, another console free idea would be to make the stacks of whatever garbage you have, get a viking funeral: Yknow, make a boat with a sail, drop all the things you want to dispose there, open the sail and get back to land. Optionally you can set the boat on fire right before it slowly goes away. Some things float though, so I'm not sure if teeth would remain at the sea or not.

Archived