Better artificial intelligence would be cool for the Duplicants, for example, in my colony a duplicant slept in the water!
4F3FEDB56245E0103594E824157316501260A9F6
After that he got hypothermia, I think that to fix this the duplicant should not sleep in liquids if possible, another annoying thing is the sensitivity of the duplicant that is sleeping on the light, no matter how much lux time on him, he it will always wake up, and if it has a shine bug it will wake up on time and then sleep back when the shine bug comes out, instead of finding some suitable spot that has no shine bug or light nearby.

coheru

From what you've written, it may be that you're aware of this already, but if I remember correctly, if you select the sleeping Duplicant and then instruct them to "Move To" wherever you want, he or she will immediately wake and go where instructed. This will at least prevent he/she from drowning in sleep.

Regarding the shine bug issue, I just create a Barracks as soon as possible with door(s) which then keep(s) the shine bug(s) at bay.

I appreciate you're making the case for programming the Dupes to be more intelligent, but if you're having trouble, hopefully this information will help in the meantime.

that i know if you do not create any bed for them or they aren`t able to go it. they will sleep in the place where there are. but i think the charm of this game is duplicants are a little stupid. 

illumination update i`ts a real old request never solved. so dupes not care about if its to dark or light, only some plants care about it.

I remember my dupes didn`t fall asleep when they couldn`t breathe. They always moved to oxygen zones if possible Exception was when they were exhausted. Was your dupe exhausted? I lost one dupe due to lack of stamina and him just falling asleep in water. Still if he is just regularly sleeping activating red alert would wake him up.

Still dupes should prefer sleeping and idling in: high oxygen areas -> comfortable temperature areas -> high decor areas; in that order.

Archived