My Theory for DST

I have a Theory the Constant is a endless cycle of Purgatory that was opened up by William making him represent death (Maxwell) And Charlie as the aftermath/afterlife. Each character was brought into the constant because of their unfinished business in their life causing Maxwell to make them a deal to bring them to purgatory. And each character has a different death at a different time.

Wilson: Died during the aftermath of the earthquake by his potion melting his face off. Willow: Played with Fire and met her demise that’s why she doesn’t die when getting inside fire because that’s how she died. Wolfgang: Died due to possibly using things to make his body stronger or possibly led poison. Wendy: Possibly jumping off something or doing bad things with a rope. Abigail: Murdered Possibly. WX-78: He was made by either Wagstaff or Wilson Wickerbottom: old age Woodie: Either rope stuff or a tree accident. Thus making it why he loses sanity faster near treegaurds? Lucy: Illness or something else. Wes: Died durning some time in the 1666s as a little chimney sweeper boy (as shown on his Victorian skin this makes his death because of lung cancer) but if your picky clowns died from led in there face paint long ago. Maxwell: Crushed in the Earthquake rubble Charlie: Crushed as well Wigfrid: Possibly died doing something stupid with real weapons. Webber: I think he died by being head butted in the chest by a goat. And in the Purgatory world he was eaten by a spider. Winona: Died in the workplace as the building exploded on her. Warly: Possibly food poisoning?? Wortox and Wormwood were both created in the world so they didn’t die. But Wortox is an imp (Hell) and Wormwood is a plant (nature/heaven?)

That's an interesting way to view it. As for implying that Woodie committed suicide, I don't personally see it. Also he doesn't lose sanity near treeguards, there is just a heightened chance for treeguards to spawn as Woodie.

WX-78 is practically confirmed to be created by Wagstaff.

Wes is speculated to be in a circus that Maxwell attended. Wolfgang was (supposedly) there too as a strongman. With this in mind, I don't think Wes dates back to the 1600s.

As for everything else I don't have any notable thoughts on it.

Well I haven't seen much for the others so they are a bit harder:    Wilba lives in the Hamlet world and wasn't dead. (Possibly a lost soul as you have to find her and give her the crown before she dies to play as her).   Walani could of died during a possible shark attack as her board has a giant bite mark out of it.      Wagstaff of course old age as well as Woodlegs,  Wilbur possibly could just be a monkey that lives there like the other Prime Apes.

The purgatory "theory" is actually quite old. Surprised to see it resurface like this.

The problem is that things like Shadow Creatures and Clockworks are actually things that the real world is aware of. Winona's short shows posters involving them, Willow's actually shows a Terrorbeak, and of course Maxwell's final act shows plenty of shadows as well—it's not so obscure like "purgatory".

The Constant can technically be seen as a purgatory, in a non-literal sense, because it's a continual endless cycle that extends beyond death—it begs the question if the survives who have died in the Constant can actually return. 

Archived