What if we had more control over the environment?

What do I mean by that? Well first of all it'd be a thing that's available only in endgame, so yeah I don't want to see no 'It'd be too broken, imagine the farming potential' arguments. It's endgame and you don't need to farm anything extra. 

What I'm talking about is the ability to place down things like hound mounds, hollow stumps, spiky trees, boulders, merm huts, slurtle mounds, monkey pods etc.

That way people that like building megabases could create some interesting new biomes. Like rock biome filled with slurtles or a species of monkeys living among spiky trees.

You'd be able to do that thanks to a new crafting station which you'd aquire after defeating the final boss that RoT will have to offer

7 minutes ago, metallichydra said:

and when you've played for a really long time on a puplic server, instead of the boring  tentacles, you could place merm houses at florid postern.

And who will stop anyone from placing fossil fragments or end tables around the florid postern? 

Besides as I said it'd be an endgame thing and the only times a public server reaches endgame is exactly when someone hijacks it wtih fossil fragments. Don't try to use griefing as an argument

I think that adding more structures would be a fine addition. O do think that griefing ahpuld be considered but more of a "this structure can't be placed this close to the postern" instead of ignoring it. The problem I'm seeing is how to implment it, and I see the best solution is to have the prompt of "The Death of the Fuelweaver has expanded your Scientific Mind" after you kill hom amd then have anyone who contributed in the fight have the ability to prototype them at a alchemy engine.

Personally, I feel like the appeal of DS/T megabasing is being so limited in what naturally-generating things you can recreate, and instead having to plan builds and custom biomes around the stuff that naturally generated there. Being able to create spiky trees or boulders for example would take a way a lot of that appeal, because you would be able to just bulldoze the swamp and desert of their spiky trees and then make your own somewhere else.

It's the same kind of problem I have with mods that allow you to build ponds, planted carrots, merm houses, graves, etc. A lot of the clever planning around the way your world generated is gone, because you can just build anything anywhere. This is one of those places where I'd say limitation definitely breeds creativity.

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Personally, I feel like the appeal of DS/T megabasing is being so limited in what naturally-generating things you can recreate, and instead having to plan builds and custom biomes around the stuff that naturally generated there. Being able to create spiky trees or boulders for example would take a way a lot of that appeal, because you would be able to just bulldoze the swamp and desert of their spiky trees and then make your own somewhere else.

It's the same kind of problem I have with mods that allow you to build ponds, planted carrots, merm houses, graves, etc. A lot of the clever planning around the way your world generated is gone, because you can just build anything anywhere. This is one of those places where I'd say limitation definitely breeds creativity.

I agree that the extra bonus for preplanning would be lost, but at the same time players are limited to the RNG of world gen. They might have a great idea for a set piece or biome, but due to RNG it would be impossible or not what they had envisioned. Allowing these to be crafted would let everyone's creativity  reach a higher potential. 

Archived