I think AI in DST need a remwork

What is your opinion on AI in DST?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on AI in DST?

• It's good as it is.
    • A small change would be good.
    • It needs a big remwork.

9 minutes ago, Atsumame said:

Feel free to go ahead then, Joke mods or meme mods have been a thing since forever on modding communities regardless of what you thought of said communities. Be it steam workshop or nexus websites ect.

Although I assume you've mistaken the difference between a "meme" mod ( which adds meme content to the game ) and a "spam" mod ( which adds jokes to the workshop itself ), I'm going to drop this discussion here since it's not relevant to the topic. The readers can decide what's spam and non-constructive, and what actually adds some meme to the game, not the workshop.

2 hours ago, JackJohnsn said:

Speaking of purposely being ignored by devs, aren't you the same person that uploaded a twig icon from Gorge to workshop without clearly crediting the source, wrote 1 page of life story on the workshop item's description, then removed every comment that pointed this out and put a status on his profile for people "not to add him because of his work"?

I think you misunderstood the meaning of ignoring people.

So, uh, at no point in that sequence of events did you think maybe it was a joke? The mod is called "Twigs HD" and is an HD version of a singular inventory item that will still always be the exact same size in your inventory as the low quality version. The twig texture came directly from Klei so I don't understand why exactly a source is necessary, since it's a mod for one of their games.

wrote 1 page of life story on the workshop item's description

Did you not get even a little bit suspicious at the multiple mentions of me receiving reddit gold and platinum awards? Or linking a twitch channel which doesn't exist? Or when I mentioned Homestuck, or thousands of people tracking down my Tumblr, etc etc etc. I don't know how I could have made it more obvious that it was a joke.

then removed every comment that pointed this out

You're really twisting this to sound worse than it is. I didn't specifically seek out and remove every comment that pointed out I stole from klei entertainment, developers of don't starve together, I removed every comment period
image.png.4ba7f2279c075c3e970b8af628b8acea.png
That's it. That's the joke. I didn't specifically seek out comments that revealed I, Skye from the Klei Forums, stole content from Klei Entertainment for my mod to Don't Starve Together, a game developed by Klei Entertainment, I just removed everything because it's really funny when a mod with 3k+ subscribers has a single comment saying "this will be don't starve together graphics in 2018"

and put a status on his profile for people "not to add him because of his work"?

I got friend requests from all sorts of gross people just from having a mod at the top of the workshop, including someone with "69" in their name and multiple hentai images on their profile, so I put that in my profile summary in hopes that maybe the friend requests would slow down... which they didn't.
Also idk why you suddenly started aggressively gendering me there at the end of your reply, it feels really unnatural with the way the rest of your post is worded.

Anyway... what was even your goal in bringing this up? What was the point? What does this add? Why did you attempt to own me to death for something unrelated to any of my actual posts here?

11 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Did you not get even a little bit suspicious at the multiple mentions of me receiving reddit gold and platinum awards? Or linking a twitch channel which doesn't exist? Or when I mentioned Homestuck, or thousands of people tracking down my Tumblr, etc etc etc. I don't know how I could have made it more obvious that it was a joke.

But did you really get all those prizes with a twig HD skin?
How lucky :'D

however it was a funny joke

And just like that we got again into off-topic ad hominem and Steam Workshop $hitpostings.. :roll:

For the Treeguard's AI case-study what would be the actual proposal for a "fix" am wondering. Have it perpetually locked on player and ignoring other hostiles like pigs, maintain secondary aggro on player after killing said pigs, have some form of new complex attack that deals with pigs and Ent still marches for player?

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

And just like that we got again into off-topic ad hominem and Steam Workshop $hitpostings.. :roll:

For the Treeguard's AI case-study what would be the actual proposal for a "fix" am wondering. Have it perpetually locked on player and ignoring other hostiles like pigs, maintain secondary aggro on player after killing said pigs, have some form of new complex attack that deals with pigs and Ent still marches for player?

I always felt as though most mobs should maintain two sets of aggro. One for the original target of their ire, then a secondary one for whatever new target they're after. So, for example:

Player cuts down trees. Tree turns into treeguard.

Tree would pursue player until either they or the player dies.

However, if the player were to lead them to any mob that would naturally aggro treeguards, then the treeguard would prioritize them until they're dead. Before returning to pursuing player. Perhaps it being proximity (i.e. if the player enters attack range to help the pigs, the tree would return to automatically targeting them and focus the autos on them.)

Not flawless, but the only alternative I can think of is giving treeguards a ranged attack for when their original target gets too far or there's too many enemies. Pinecones? Needles? Iunno.

5 minutes ago, Butt Pillow said:

I always felt as though most mobs should maintain two sets of aggro. One for the original target of their ire, then a secondary one for whatever new target they're after. So, for example:

Player cuts down trees. Tree turns into treeguard.

Tree would pursue player until either they or the player dies.

However, if the player were to lead them to any mob that would naturally aggro treeguards, then the treeguard would prioritize them until they're dead. Before returning to pursuing player. Perhaps it being proximity (i.e. if the player enters attack range to help the pigs, the tree would return to automatically targeting them and focus the autos on them.)

Not flawless, but the only alternative I can think of is giving treeguards a ranged attack for when their original target gets too far or there's too many enemies. Pinecones? Needles? Iunno.

No. A major part of Don't Starve's combat design is that for the most part, running away is almost always a viable strategy. There are *very* few enemies in the game for whom can outrun the player. Part of the reason the Giants have base destroying abilities is so that you can run away from them but still suffer consequences for their arrival.

52 minutes ago, Rosten said:

No. A major part of Don't Starve's combat design is that for the most part, running away is almost always a viable strategy. There are *very* few enemies in the game for whom can outrun the player. Part of the reason the Giants have base destroying abilities is so that you can run away from them but still suffer consequences for their arrival.

I don't believe that perhaps either allowing progressive growth in enemy attack patterns or some new attacks being added would be too large of a shake up. After all, the idea I was largely referring to (in the case of the Treeguard solely) is just taking the basic attacks from the palm Treeguard and using it wholesale. 

If for nothing else, so I can use them to better effectively murder day 100 hounds. ;)

Archived