PSA: Pokeshells not confined when lower body is free

I haven't seen this mentioned yet and this is something I encountered randomly in my playthrough. I accidentally got a pokeshell in the wrong holding cell, but it didn't seem to matter and here is why:

Pokeshell on right: Not Confined

pokeshell.png.a558df4aadcff0d7efcc8ab4caf3f9ee.png

image.thumb.png.1df4202a7b06293bf15eb0060ee9f79d.png

Practical Example

trap.png.bc3b1f1abd9c7b9143f86cdbb72211c3.png

General Pic

5d9d45df204cb_normaltrap.thumb.png.faad88781474938de628bdc1ae934cc4.png

poke spawns can still walk through my water trap on the right, which is why I have a different holding cell for pokes on the left. Hard to see because of shinebugs; there is a pneumatic door trapping the pokeshell on its head and my shove voles in the tile next to its head. There is a puddle of water keeping my wild shinebugs, pufts, hatches, pips, and dreckos contained until I decide to ranch them. This info could be used when building a poke trap.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Hey @BLACKBERREST3 I think you misunderstood your discovery.

"Confined" only has to do with number of tiles available (12 for one or more pokeshells, and many other critters). If they have more than this, they're not confined. (Overcrowded or cramped maybe but that's a different topic.)

The three dudes on the left are not confined. The one guy on the right is.

image.png.4072d7bda50f423c4bc5ff0872bbb2f9.png

5 minutes ago, biopon said:

Hey @BLACKBERREST3 I think you misunderstood your discovery.

Maybe you should read the post again.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:17 PM, nakomaru said:

BB3 is saying that pocketshells take up 2 spaces for pathing but only their bottom cell is checked to apply the confined debuff. Therefore you can confine them without giving them a debuff.

They are confined when trapped in a door on their bottom cell. They are not confined if their top cell is trapped given the room they are in meets their space requirements per critter.

Just now, BLACKBERREST3 said:

Yeah, I'm not the best at explaining things and I couldn't think of a good title. Idk why the pics turned out so LQ. I'll try to fix it.

No, you are just fine at explaining things. The screenshots are OK technically too, but it's all that shinyness!

Archived