World Seeds Mod! - Generate worlds with custom world seeds

Do worldseeds work on dedicated servers running via command shells instead of the host game menu?
I added Gemcore to my server and I have no clue how to specify the world seed.
Usually I find some modconfig options but thats not the case here.

Second question: How would world seeds interact with a mod like 'Force Biomes' ?

• Developer
46 minutes ago, KainMorgen said:

Do worldseeds work on dedicated servers running via command shells instead of the host game menu?
I added Gemcore to my server and I have no clue how to specify the world seed.
Usually I find some modconfig options but thats not the case here.

Second question: How would world seeds interact with a mod like 'Force Biomes' ?

you specify the world seed in the list of overrides for worldgenoverrides.lua
if you were only customizing the world seed for your server it would look like this:

return {
    override_enabled = true,
    overrides = {
    	worldseed = "input your world seed here"
    },
}

for the second question, seeds will generate the same world provided all settings are the same.
this goes for mods and base game settings; if you change a world setting/mod, you get a different(but consistent!) world.

Question about this mod, Does this create a whole new "seed" mechanic or does it takes the "seed" value each world is assigned (because I'm pretty sure each world has a seed however it's extremely tedious to obtain and reuse) and allows us to easily just put the seed in as easy as that? That's what this mod is for right?

7 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

Question about this mod, Does this create a whole new "seed" mechanic or does it takes the "seed" value each world is assigned (because I'm pretty sure each world has a seed however it's extremely tedious to obtain and reuse) and allows us to easily just put the seed in as easy as that? That's what this mod is for right?

As much as I understand: Every World has its own seed, even without mod. This mod does nothing besides allowing you to choose the world seed for your world before creating the world. So no whole new "seed" mechanic is created.

World generation is controlled by the game (depending on the World Seed), but the same seed does not always mean the same world since the world seed appears to be dependend on your OS right now.

2 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

As much as I understand: Every World has its own seed, even without mod. This mod does nothing besides allowing you to choose the world seed for your world before creating the world. So no whole new "seed" mechanic is created.

World generation is controlled by the game (depending on the World Seed), but the same seed does not always mean the same world since the world seed appears to be dependend on your OS right now.

I was hoping they used the almost unused already existing "seed" mechanic

This mod to say the least, is something we've needed for a while now and dear god this is a damn good one. I can see a lot of people using this often. You developers are amazing!

Archived