How is everlasting rain in Summer possible?

Hi, I don't like clogging general discussion with questions but I had to ask this. Yesterday I joined one of the official Klei Servers (I think Hounds and Huggies but could also have been Spiders and Such or Scratch that Splumonkey) on summer and it was constantly raining, whenever rain would feel like ending, it would reset. It felt like players in the server were somehow forcing it. Couldn't investigate any further since status anouncements crashed my game (don't anounce wetness as Woodie, learned the hard way) so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how it would be possible without mods and such- was a setpiece being exploited?

Sir Victor of the forums was also present and seemed to know how but he liked to reserve the information to himself so here goes his shoutout.

38 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Sir Victor

I prefer it if you write my name with a 'k' instead of a 'c'.

38 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

(I think Hounds and Huggies but could also have been Spiders and Such or Scratch that Splumonkey)

It was definetly Hound Huggles.

2 minutes ago, Electroely said:

They might've frozen some mosslings and kept them for the summer. Their spin attack can cause lightning, and lightning brings rain.

Freezing them is pretty ineffective, they'll despawn as soon as you move too far away. There's an easier way to keep them ingame.

On a megabase world people had a pen of mosslings inside the main base. It just took a crazy madman to kill the moose, aggro mosslings, teleport to the base and let peeps load the mosslings back and then the mosslings would run to the moose-killer-player. Useful when you don't want to use telelocators

Archived