How good is Willow now

she's my main but i've not played the game enough since her rework to have a genuine sense for how strong she is now early to late game

more specifically how strong bernie is since the rework made him more important than her

like yeah he has okay damage, health and can be easily repaired but willow has to be insane for him to actually be active , which means she has to involve shadow creatures in every fight with bernie and if she kills a terrorbeak herself bernie will become inactive . last i played bernie also can't travel onto boats or to and from the caves unless willow goes sane to deactivate him

from what i've played of it , willow really doesn't feel comparative to winona soloing bosses with catapults , warly super buffing food or woodies reworked rework transformations having strong combat mobility and gathering

My opinion is that Willow is a meh character. Her perks just don't align with my play style. That being said, she is better then her original form. Her original was hard for the sake of being hard. Willow had perks that were meh and a downside that could actually be borderline insane (heh heh). The Willow we have now is perfect and bernie added that slight bit of spice to make her good. She is the perfect somewhat beginner character, a character with easy to understand abilities and downsides, one that isn't overly complex but is still useful. I would also say that comparing the power shouldn't be considered when considering how a player preforms in certon unrelated aspects, otherwise it gets muddy and vauge quickly.

33 minutes ago, Frashaw27 said:

My opinion is that Willow is a meh character. Her perks just don't align with my play style. That being said, she is better then her original form. Her original was hard for the sake of being hard. Willow had perks that were meh and a downside that could actually be borderline insane (heh heh). The Willow we have now is perfect and bernie added that slight bit of spice to make her good. She is the perfect somewhat beginner character, a character with easy to understand abilities and downsides, one that isn't overly complex but is still useful. I would also say that comparing the power shouldn't be considered when considering how a player preforms in certon unrelated aspects, otherwise it gets muddy and vauge quickly.

This, absolutely agree. Currently Willow is probably the best character to learn the game with if you don't want a particularly hard or frustrating experience:

• Has protection against shadows
  • Has an easier way to recover sanity
  • Has immediate light

I mean, its okay to give casuals a character that is friendly to play as, so they can join their friends, without having to have spent hundreds of hours to understand all the mechanics. And as a con, she doesn't have "that much" to offer to the lategame. I think its pretty fair.

It's also worth noting that Willow can make use of fire in very creative ways to fight mobs though, so it's not like there are no advanced tricks for her. She's just probably won't shine as much as an ingredients flooded Warly, or a fully geared Wolfgang, that's all. But she's far from useless or boring.

Willow outstanding trait is survivalist. she comes from portal with lighter and bernie. This is important if you are keen on making to base alive if you are joining a day 20+ world, when you do not expect grass at portal. In the same way you call a person reckless for joining in winter, you call a person reckless for not picking willow when joining an old world.

Willow specialty in base is nightmare fuel farming, cooking food over fire and providing bernies. Willow should stay permanently insane and trade sewing kit for nightmare fuel in base. willow also cook raw monster meat, egg and stuff over fire at half the time, so she make a good cook in warly absence. In fact, willow should farm nightmare fuel while managing the kitchen. Bernies are great for characters who have to work while insane, like woodie and wickerbottom.

In short, willow is wilson plus.

My opinion on willow is that they have completely switched her playstyle. And now with BERNIE!, she is a great fighter as well as what I call a "Base Protector"
         Because you can use Glommer Goop, or raw green caps to go insane easily and quickly. You can set out BERNIE! very easily. And if there was someone who was suffering from nightmares, then BERNIE! would be able to take those nightmares off of them, allowing them to do what they wanted to do. 
         While willow isnt exactly a boss fighter (although there are a few bosses she can help with) She still has a brand new place in boss fights. Since all bosses have an insanity aura, if the fight isnt going perfectly, then a lot of the players will go insane. This is where the new willow steps in and takes care of the nightmare creatures while the other players fight the boss.
        Now this strategy is NOT early game, as you do need to have more than 1 bernie and quite a few sewing kits to keep bernie up. 
        And, while this isnt for all players, I find this new playstyle VERY fun, and the little dopamine rush you get from activating bernie on demand is quite worth it.

Now, one thing to note, is that BERNIE should not be used on all fights. One BIG example is klaus, as bernie can attack the deer and kill one of them. So for the love of the team, dont use bernie on klaus.

I find BERNIE! to be very useful in the long run in solo play, and I feel that most people undervalue his ability to draw aggro. Because of BERNIE!, I no longer have to worry about surprise hound and worm attacks past day 100. Hound attacks are a joke with him. Worm attacks are a bit trickier, but still much more doable otherwise. BERNIE! is also excellent at dealing with spiders, and is more reliable than Abigail in my opinion. And clearing ruins is ezpz. Don't have to worry about splumonkey swarm because BERNIE! will take care of it. Don't have to worry about multiple damaged bishops and rooks because BERNIE! will distract them for me.

In short, BERNIE! makes life a lot easier in the long run.

Archived