Klei, please fix the ocean to land ratio.

Mime

Let me tell you a story, where i spent a good 25 days or so, traveling around the world with boat, just to find a gap  that seemingly should have been fine it was basically the size of the boat, and apparently it wasnt, so we  had spent all of this time trying to get to a gap that had just stopped us in our tracks, its a real shame.

Please just let the land to ocean ratio be big enough all around for world gen, waterfalls look nice, but dont work nice! 

I can imagine it's tricky at this point. Now that the entire map is being utilized but is still limited in size, it's hard to find a good balance of land and water in a game where the worlds are RNG and do unnatural things. They didn't need to worry about this in Shipwrecked since it was a separate world you went to with a portal, but in DST they are trying to cram as much content as they can in one map without using another server, like they had to do with caves.

On 9/13/2019 at 12:21 AM, oCrapaCreeper said:

I can imagine it's tricky at this point. Now that the entire map is being utilized but is still limited in size, it's hard to find a good balance of land and water in a game where the worlds are RNG and do unnatural things. They didn't need to worry about this in Shipwrecked since it was a separate world you went to with a portal, but in DST they are trying to cram as much content as they can in one map without using another server, like they had to do with caves.

I get your point but thats not exactly what im saying, i just would like klei to make sure all for all worlds that are made, boats can be driven around the whole thing, without the space becoming too small to fit through.

2 hours ago, Paddlefruit said:

It should really come down to planning where to put your boat, and not placing it without checking your surroundings. The worldgen is fine to me.

what if Klei eventually fixes the noticeable flat edges that give the island away? We're boned.

Archived