NEW Streaming Drops Available Now! (The Radiant Star and Prismatic Moon Caller's Staff)

JoeW

after i had done the twitch-streaming i was only able to claim:

• Radiant Star Caller's Staff Icon
  • Radiant Star Caller's Staff Portrait 
  • Radiant Star Caller's Staff 

but not the Prismatic Moon Caller's Staff.

Any help or suggestions what i could do?

1 hour ago, bekkar said:

I’m assuming it’s the same staff just with a different crafting recipe.. Such as Fire or Ice. Could be wrong though

2 hours ago, bekkar said:

The Moon Caller staff’s skin is included in the Star Caller’s skin. This is because the Moon Caller is not craftable directly and is only obtainable  if you use an already skinned Star staff for getting the Moon staff. You can compare it to how the skins for the spears can also be applied to the fire and ice staves.

I’m not 100% sure, though. I have yet to obtain the skin myself.

6 hours ago, bekkar said:

You have to do the moon event using the Star Caller's Staff.

I want to express my Extreme hatred towards this way of delivering gameplay content. 

First off I’m not here to complain: I want to bring up a legitimate point of view that people who are okay with this just aren’t seeing.

People watch video game streams on Twitch/Mixer (or at least Myself and Everyone I Know does..)  because they want to watch Gameplay of a game they may be interested in Buying.. this right here is the heart of the problem- so then why on earth if I already own the game do I EVER want to spend 6 hours of my time watching someone else play something I can play for Myself?

Any serious gamer who (truly) enjoys playing the games they purchase defiantly DOES NOT want to watch someone else playing it.. Because most serious gamers would rather experience the games content for the first time themselves (like me and the new Turn of Tides content just released to Xbox)

I was able to obtain these skins by watching some random guy stream the game on twitch for 6 hours through my mobile phone with the sound muted and not paying any attention at all to what was actually being streamed (except maybe to occasionally glance down at my phone and see if he’s still streaming)

other than that I just fired up “Movie Night” on my Xbox and watched a couple movies instead.

but the whole process of obtaining these in-game exclusives just to me feels like a painfully unnecessary task of jumping through hoops to obtain something that in my opinion should probably be obtained in a more deserving way..

if i could make a suggestion how about doing them like literally every other game I play with a daily log in chart (obtained by logging into the game daily throughout the month)

if this can not be changed.. it’s fine, as long as I can stream from my phone by sitting the phone in another room without potentially spoiling game content I’ve yet to uncover or figure out for myself I’m good with it..

i just wanted to hopefully provide a valid point of view as to why some people find it extremely unnecessary.

38 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

*snippets of personal thoughts*

Well that's your perspective. And for yourself you are correct, your time your choice in how you spend it.

But from a marketing thought-train is an entire new "fish stew". As it has real potential of making people who otherwise are neutrally uninterested.. be interested. Probably is a small conversion rate of around 5%. Is it worth it? Probably so if the process maintaining this marketing strategy is still used/valid. For Klei it means exposure. And exposure can bring new customers.

Once more, your view-point is limited and only applies to a handful few like yourself. Maybe the "impatient *immediate gratification* young gamer" possibly with a hefty dose of Dunning-Kruger effect, most likely in the low spectrum - again, is not about you per se, but for that bracket.

Some people may want to see strategies, new ways of dealing with stuff in various circumstances, others may just be in for the social aspect or having a laugh at the proverbial "madness" some *let's play*s deliver - who are we to judge what people at large are into.

Sufficient to say this particular marketing strategy seems to be working. (Even yours truly - a pretty callous person regarding new media and quite against Twitch as a concept - started to follow, admittedly very irregularly as most times I just "leech" for skins like you described, 2 DST streamers; and no, not from the "big ones" group, heh.)

7 hours ago, Talriaen said:

Does this actually fix it? I am having the same issue, i have only recieved the first drop, but i had notifications in twitch that i should have the other 2 as well.

I already spent more than 9 h watching streams and still. I only have the icons+background, but no staff.

the thing is that I opened the game when I got the frst two drops, I had spent like 4 h at that moment, so I didnt have the 3rd drop, but after 6 h the last notification never came.

also when I was oppening the drops, I misscliked and I went to the last one without oppening the otthers.

14 hours ago, carlitotori said:

I already spent more than 9 h watching streams and still. I only have the icons+background, but no staff.

the thing is that I opened the game when I got the frst two drops, I had spent like 4 h at that moment, so I didnt have the 3rd drop, but after 6 h the last notification never came.

also when I was oppening the drops, I misscliked and I went to the last one without oppening the otthers.

I have watched so many hours and still don't have the first reward, I'm very frustrated.

On 9/11/2019 at 6:55 PM, JoeW said:
  Hide contents

Simply head on over to https://accounts.klei.com

image.png.dae81347554324d8ba0f36d6c85976

After that just watch a streamer who has also linked their account and get those drops!

In this campaign we are offering 3 items. You can only receive one of each and once you have them all, you cannot get more until the next round of items. 

I'm not finding anywhere on account page or twitch to link accounts.. what am I missing?

Now that I know how to get these twitch stream skins (painful process of letting my phone run someone else playing the game for 6 hours) can someone please give me an Estimated Time of how often these stream skins get swapped for new ones? I don’t want to miss out on anymore content that can further customize my game!

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now that I know how to get these twitch stream skins (painful process of letting my phone run someone else playing the game for 6 hours) can someone please give me an Estimated Time of how often these stream skins get swapped for new ones? I don’t want to miss out on anymore content that can further customize my game!

roughly 1-2 months and/or during new updates

Archived