Is there a trick to place objects on the floor neatly (not structures)

Does anyone know of any trick to place down objects on the floor neatly, like how geometric placement would with buildings?

I am trying to find a way to place down thermal stones in a near perfect hexagonal formation around the furnace, and fireflies neatly in a straight line down the path.

Yes. Well, there's a mod that does it neatly. It's called "advanced controls." It does several things. One of the things it can do is give you the ability to place items like thermal stones on a grid. Check it out. 

Go to configuration in the mod and change "item drop options" to "drop on grid"

I've seen this circular placement but with farm on some public server (can't remember the name unfortunately). I wasn't able to find out how it was done but it looked unbelievably perfect to be achieved without mods. Really wonder if there's some not well known mod to do this.

7 hours ago, Bee2017 said:

AB0C937020E725C8BFB3D6EA38C02B215F8275E9

Does advance controls allow this pattern?

I have a feeling that placement is done with the visible flingo range mod, though i haven't test that out yet

EDIT: I tested it out and so far the results look like this, it's not complete yet and not 100% perfect but that's the closest I can get

I used both ice fling range check mod (for circular placement) and quick drop mod for approx. statue placement

20190913130651_1.thumb.jpg.a33a5a3618059b38d1c6d09ff0a99eb8.jpg

UPDATE: For smaller range, I remove turfs and place the statues on the x marks using turf, then connect them, though it takes plenty of time. I also saw players instructing other players to move statues in servers before to form this arrangement.

Anyways it takes plenty of time to finish this, so expect this formation somewhat in the 200+ day servers.

20190913144513_1.thumb.jpg.62144faff2f8935d162d046095a6190a.jpg

1 hour ago, MilesUpshore said:

I have a feeling that placement is done with the visible flingo range mod, though i haven't test that out yet

Yeah, you're right. I didn't see the flingo in the middle. I was too tired from staying up for this new update X_X

For accurate placing like this, you can drop statues where you are standing by equiping an armor, or by using quick drop mod.

Archived