Little but powerfull

I dont know if its just me, but when i'm playing a game something that i look first is the cursor. Almost EVERY game have a custom cursor and i love it. Playing a game is different than browsing the web or writing a text and the cursor show us this. I think that dont starve needs an AMAZING custom cursor that fits the game art. Playing in full screen mode with an normal cursor feels very weird. Just me and my OCD...

Edited by ZanderX

• Developer

We had a custom cursor a loooong time ago. There are some issues with the way NaCl does its mouse input, however, and it made the mouse really laggy. Maybe they've improved it since then (this was like half a year ago), but it really made the game feel bad.

At the very least, it would be an easy thing to do for Steam.

A mouse that lags even a tiny bit tends to drive me nuts...I have a slower computer and it renders some games virtually unplayable when the mouse lags, (I'm looking at you from dust). A custom mouse would be great, but if it creates ANY kind of lag it probably isn't worth it. . .

• Developer

Yeah, I agree. Crisp mouse movement is just one of those subconscious things that make a computing experience better.

BTW - Don't starve looks great at 60Hz. The public version is locked to 30hz because of the relatively low system specs that many chrome users have. I might make it a toggleable option some day.