Explain something to me please...

Look at this screenshot:

image.thumb.png.2955ba1924ee122ff02301d235038141.png

It's the upper left corner of my map. The bunker doors are at the very edge of space. Look at the bunker tile and the two ladders below.

I don't have debug or sandbox mode enabled. My game doesn't have jetpacks. How were those tiles constructed?

Just now, nakomaru said:

It's a guess because I can't see your map.

But it's not a guess because I know dupes can access across the map like this.

The right side of the map is lined with bunker tiles, so if what you are saying is true, they ignore normal visibility rules too.

1 minute ago, nakomaru said:

They can't. But that doesn't mean they couldn't at the time, or that they can't stand on the top row of bunkers on the right.

They couldn't do either of those at the time. I had finished sealing the right side before I started building the left side.

The maps do loop.  They didn't use to visually wrap, like you couldn't build something and see it on the other side but you could walk from one side to another or have material get bombed by an asteroid and fly across.

They might have changed it so you visually see the other side now.

All you need to do is change the priority of it/set it to deconstruct it and see if it mirrors on the other edge.

Anyway, I usually build solid tiles on the sides because at the time automation/power wouldn't work on edges.

It is known that the map wraps from one side to the other.  This is generally only possible on the Surface, where the Neutronium is not in the way.  There are a couple of screenshots around showing that if map gen fails to completely Neutronium-ize the map, there can be holes allowing wrapping to occur.

Archived