Easy Livin' and Job Suitability

Are these broken for anyone else? My cycle counters randomly reset or don't even register despite meeting the criteria each cycle. I've attached an example of Easy Livin' where my auto sweepers are 2x the dupes, didn't tick up from 0/5 to 1/5 for the next cycle. Kind of bummed because aside from taming a moo (which I still need to figure out how to do) these are the last two achievements I have left.image.thumb.png.6fa28ea3b455bd8f953cd3e36ea68bb7.png

What happens if you lock your dupes away (with food and bathrooms) for an entire cycle such that the ONLY way stuff gets moved around the base is through auto sweepers?  What happens if you set up a loader with a chute and an auto sweeper that picks up a block, stuffs it in the loader, which drops it out the chute, so that the autosweeper picks it back up?  Can we set up a system that can definitively prove the counter doesn't work?

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

What happens if you lock your dupes away (with food and bathrooms) for an entire cycle such that the ONLY way stuff gets moved around the base is through auto sweepers?

Just for fun, did I run my base without access to any supply jobs.

=> 10 cycles did the colony summery show 0/5 or 1/5 in an (at least for me) undeterministic manner.

[I left my 24 duplicants on ravanging hunger with a bit more than 400.000 kcal and already full stomachs locked inside my base.

I ensured my auto-sweepers were always busy, but my colony starved before any achievement was completet ...]

1 hour ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

What happens if you set up a loader with a chute and an auto sweeper that picks up a block, stuffs it in the loader, which drops it out the chute, so that the autosweeper picks it back up?

Nothing, since we are talking about supply jobs. [It doesn´t count.]

But automating a water sieve (or any other continouus running building without the need for duplicant access) could do the trick.

=> The counter for supply jobs complete by duplicants or auto-sweepers works, but the counter for the completed cycles isn´t working.

[I never ever saw the counter showing more than 1/5 cycles.]

PS: About the gassy moo:

I did deconstruct the rocket part above and below my biological cargo bay and enclosed the cargo into a small stable before releasing the gassy moo.

I was having a hard time getting Easy Livin'.  Even after automating a bunch of stuff it wouldn't trigger. I ended up putting all the dupes on a 5 cycle vacation schedule made of mostly downtime. Limiting the dupes schedule worked and I got the achievement.

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Just for fun, did I run my base without access to any supply jobs.

=> 10 cycles did the colony summery show 0/5 or 1/5 in an (at least for me) undeterministic manner.

[I left my 24 duplicants on ravanging hunger with a bit more than 400.000 kcal and already full stomachs locked inside my base.

I ensured my auto-sweepers were always busy, but my colony starved before any achievement was completet ...]

Nothing, since we are talking about supply jobs. [It doesn´t count.]

But automating a water sieve (or any other continouus running building without the need for duplicant access) could do the trick.

=> The counter for supply jobs complete by duplicants or auto-sweepers works, but the counter for the completed cycles isn´t working.

[I never ever saw the counter showing more than 1/5 cycles.]

Ok, Sounds like I'm not the only one then

6 hours ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

\PS: About the gassy moo:

I did deconstruct the rocket part above and below my biological cargo bay and enclosed the cargo into a small stable before releasing the gassy moo.

...this is brilliant!

3 hours ago, Clonefarmer said:

I was having a hard time getting Easy Livin'.  Even after automating a bunch of stuff it wouldn't trigger. I ended up putting all the dupes on a 5 cycle vacation schedule made of mostly downtime. Limiting the dupes schedule worked and I got the achievement.

Hmm, I'll give this a go later and report back. Thanks!

Ah. It explains why my counter didn't increment.

I find these two achievement poorly designed. It encourages some behaviours that I don't find fun. For instance, limiting the population to three so it's much easier to have everyone outside with suit. Or preventing any supply, by disallowing it in priorities for several cycles. Is it fun ? Should we be satisfied if we achieved any of these ?

For gassy moo, I used a Critter drop off, so a rancher could come and auto-wrangle the beast that popped when emptying the cargo. There seems to be a bug here, as the Moo drops of the cargo bay wrangled and is set free then. It makes no sense : it should stay wrangled.

@Clonefarmer's suggestion of cycle-long vacations did the trick for Easy Livin'. Sort of cheesy but when the honest way isn't working, whatcha gonna do!

Thanks again!

(edit) Going to try something out I read elsewhere for Job Suitability, will report back if it works.

(edit 2) Ok, the tactic I read elsewhere was to create separate rooms for each dupe and then give them a yellow alert daily task in an area requiring an exosuit. The poster said they did a build command. In my case, two of the dupes are unconstructive so I made 20 rooms, 18 with builds and 2 with digs. I verified each of the first six cycles that I was getting 20/20 on the particular cycle for "dupe does task in exosuit". After every cycle, my cycle counter never moved from 0/10. Thinking perhaps my checking it was causing it to reset, I let the last four cycles go without checking and then looked. Still 0/10.

Either digs don't count even though the counter says they do, the person whose post I read had this work on a different build, or something else is completely screwy. Going to wait to see if anyone posts a tactic they used to get it here, if I don't see any in a day or two I'm going to cross-post this to the bug section for the devs. Tagging @Ipsquiggle here as well just in case.

Does the other counter works ? I'm unable to find where the **** they can do supply errands as I have forbidden any supply errand. They still supply when farming/operating, so I also shut down my farms and production building. I can't see where they can still do supply errands in my back.

For suitability, I just stored tons of regolith and abyssalite behind docks. I'm sure they all did a task while wearing a suit, but the counter says 7/18. Storing is not a "chore" ?

There's machine supply and there's other kinds of supply.

The achievement specifically talks about putting stuff into a machine. Which means things like construction supply and farming supply don't count (except for supply the fertilizer machine). Putting stuff in storage doesn't count either.

Repetitive machine tasks that don't involve a dupe operating it are likely to boost your automation score. Kilns making refined carbon or ceramics come to mind. Refilling deoderizers and water sieves with sand / regolith is an option, but doesn't occur nearly as quickly as the kiln operations.

easy_livin_bug.png.483235f8a01d5a554f987170c4ae23d6.png

Bug with Easy Livin' progress is that in first line: "Auto-Sweepers outperformed dupes for cycles: {0} / {1}"

it is complete mess... :)

It checks last 5 cycles and counts max. number of consecutive successful cycles for that achievement, but displays that number only if it is already "failed" in those last 5 cycles...

So if you have last 5 cycles like this: SSFFF then it shows 2/5
or FSSSF would show 3/5
But FSSSS will not show 4/5 as it should but 0/5 and then on 5th successful cycle you get the achievement 5/5 jump from 0/5

---

This are fetch jobs not considered:
StorageFetch, BuildFetch, RepairFetch, FoodFetch, Transport

I would translate that as:
Deliver to storage bins, bottle empriers, material to build something, food to fridge or rationbox, stuff to creature lure, salt to table, food to table to eat, repair material, stuff to transport receptacles.

And this "fetch" jobs should count:
ResearchFetch, CreatureFetch, FarmFetch, CookFetch, DoctorFetch, MachineFetch, PowerFetch, FabricateFetch

---

Here is an idea how to make a lot sweep fetch jobs that count - deliver coal to generator in 1kg chunks

easy_livin_idea2.png.6719ace6c4e69e0fc35297988ac2efb4.png

Spoiler

easy_livin_idea.thumb.png.860cd4bfcf25285fdeba1c5c0d8cba59.png

20 hours ago, bzgzd said:

easy_livin_bug.png.483235f8a01d5a554f987170c4ae23d6.png

Bug with Easy Livin' progress is that in first line: "Auto-Sweepers outperformed dupes for cycles: {0} / {1}"

it is complete mess... :)

It checks last 5 cycles and counts max. number of consecutive successful cycles for that achievement, but displays that number only if it is already "failed" in those last 5 cycles...

So if you have last 5 cycles like this: SSFFF then it shows 2/5
or FSSSF would show 3/5
But FSSSS will not show 4/5 as it should but 0/5 and then on 5th successful cycle you get the achievement 5/5 jump from 0/5

-

Here is an idea how to make a lot sweep fetch jobs that count - deliver coal to generator in 1kg chunks

This is exactly the same issue with Job Suitability! I went from 0/10 to 10/10 haha

Archived