Deflect blow darts?

Hi everyone, 1st of all sorry for my english, isnt my main language.

I have notice something weird when I fight Mactusk, rarely when he blows his dart and im chasing him pressing F, the character makes an atack animation and the dart gets deflected to other direction in 90º and no damage receive. 

Did someone notice this or its my imagination? if its possible, how can i do it on purpose?

edit. i have found a record 

2 hours ago, thetricker1 said:

I have notice something weird when I fight Mactusk, rarely when he blows his dart and im chasing him pressing F, the character makes an atack animation and the dart gets deflected to other direction in 90º and no damage receive.

...this...would almost make sense given that it's a moving object and might unintentionally be a valid target?
Super interested if you could record this.

I know what OP is talking about but I don't exactly understand why mctusk does it, I believe his aim gets messed up in certain situations where serverside the game knows you're far enough away for him to prioritize shooting over running, but also clientside you are close enough to where he should be only retreating, and it just borks itself. It's a free mctusk kill if the hounds aren't on you at least.

15 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

If you could record some video of this that would be awesome. I've never heard of that happening. This could be my new favorite minigame. Honing my monk skills. Preparing to defeat Them with my bare hands. 

edit.: actually i thing i have record it but my folder its a mess and few days i cleaned it but if i found it i will upload it

here is https://youtu.be/iCSUVbZ49R4

i think klei did it to put a way to counter them but i was reading in wiki and nothing is wrote about it, neither in combat wiki page

6 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I am still wondering what happens to the dart, if it despawns or naturally causes crashes after like 5000 days

cross the world and hits you in the worst moment. I think the animation of the dart disseapears in a few "meters" but i cant assure you since i was busy killing that guy xD

11 hours ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

I know what OP is talking about but I don't exactly understand why mctusk does it, I believe his aim gets messed up in certain situations where serverside the game knows you're far enough away for him to prioritize shooting over running, but also clientside you are close enough to where he should be only retreating, and it just borks itself. It's a free mctusk kill if the hounds aren't on you at least.

The 2 or 3 times i notice it wasnt in large range, mid range and, if dont remember bad, 1 was in almost melee.

Maybe later i will try with console

On 8/23/2019 at 6:49 AM, thetricker1 said:

i think klei did it to put a way to counter them but i was reading in wiki and nothing is wrote about it, neither in combat wiki page

On 8/23/2019 at 1:04 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

You didn't counter that. Unless there's code saying you can counter it, it looks like a physics bug.

They use physics, I suspect the change to their physics behavior to allow them to pass though borders was the cause of this.

I might have to look into this further but that doesn't look like a feature.

2 hours ago, -Variant said:

You didn't counter that. Unless there's code saying you can counter it, it looks like a physics bug.

They use physics, I suspect the change to their physics behavior to allow them to pass though borders was the cause of this.

I might have to look into this further but that doesn't look like a feature.

sad :( would be funny as a combat mechanic

Archived