DeadlyFlaminCat

DST not displaying Chinese characters

I'm running Don't Starve Together on windows,the game was displaying Chinese characters properly but it just suddenly starts failing to display Chinese characters,every Chinese words became "?",I tried disabling all mods but it doesn't seem to work,I've also tried validating integrity of game files but it's not working either,are there something wrong with one of my files in DST or Steam that i can fix?

(English are working fine but I prefer Chinese)

In Chinese Language:

5d54b874b38b3_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.d19d264f3a5c0e8a4cb0484a948d0799.png5d54b843e26c1_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.2984b5fa6310d6b294d51af7f3893b26.png

In English Language:

5d54b81aab899_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.2b90ec5ac5210706c939016d341b6447.png5d54b7f681fb4_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.f5d21ac172358ac8d8368bdd59576c39.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Canis    5,411

It looks like both you and the game is confused.

• Haha 3

Sinister_Fang    8,122

Are you using the Chinese language pack mod on the workshop? If not, then you might want to look at getting it. If you are using it, double check that it's up to date and enabled.

If it's still not working, then you could try verifying the integrity of the game's files. If you don't know how to do this, open steam and go to your library. Right click Don't Starve Together and select properties. Open up the tab labeled "local files" then select "verify integrity of game files...". If any of the files were damaged somehow, that should fix them. (If these instructions get lost in translation let me know and I'll post images to try and guide you better)

• Thanks 1

Zillvr    1,634
Posted (edited)

If verifying integrity of the game cache doesn't work, the next possible method to use is to reinstall DST again.

Or try the following first:

• Return to english language
  • Close DST
  • verify integrity
  • Open DST
  • Check Languages, is Simplified still ???(Simplified Chinese)

If the issue persists with a new reinstallation, then make a bug report to the bug tracker with a copy of your client_log.txt file found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether.

Edited by Zillvr
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Are you using the Chinese language pack mod on the workshop? If not, then you might want to look at getting it. If you are using it, double check that it's up to date and enabled.

If it's still not working, then you could try verifying the integrity of the game's files. If you don't know how to do this, open steam and go to your library. Right click Don't Starve Together and select properties. Open up the tab labeled "local files" then select "verify integrity of game files...". If any of the files were damaged somehow, that should fix them. (If these instructions get lost in translation let me know and I'll post images to try and guide you better)

Thanks,the mod works well.5d558db18afe2_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.462b9774e6df5bc9973c04b15c5d3354.png

5d558dc99d10d_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.03daee95276895cbebfb0869899f0819.png

(btw again I tried verifying the file integrity but nothing changed,re-installing aren't doing anything either. I've checked some other discussion before,they said it might be something wrong with the font in steam,it's about UTF-8 or something like that,does anyone know what does that have to do with the Question-fied Chinese characters?Cuz I'd love to have the original font DST I had instead of using a mod)

PeterA    3,934

It might be due to you having small texture mode enabled. It's a known issue that the chinese font support doesn't work with small texture mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, PeterA said:

It might be due to you having small texture mode enabled. It's a known issue that the chinese font support doesn't work with small texture mode.

you're right,the problem's gone now,thanks

• Like 1