Food Stock

Can't screen shot right now but u can dig and grab things at diagonals so deconstruct a corner tile that is completely surrounded and it will make a vacuum. Than build a convaer shute there and some rails and it will drop food off and it will be in a vaccum so it's sterile. 

There is one strange thing with diagonal sweep...

Surf'n'Turf on the left is not accessible but on the right is.

Almost like if they disabled it and forgot to disable "long diagonal sweep" as well, because I remember that some time ago it was possible always and also with storage box inside.

diagonal.png

Like this thing from more then 2 years ago I can't do anymore...

1 hour ago, nakomaru said:

stuff.thumb.png.5025d7f07b927d0a6b61e1bc1a5079a8.png

Right pile is only accessible to the sweeper, which loads musher, grill and range. Left pile is accessible to dupes.

Both are isolated in chlorine.

I tried the same, but the food have the status "Unrefrigerated!" with red letters, is that expected with this method?

How do you deal what to do with food like "Fried Mushrooms"? Those could be a Final Dish and also an Ingredient.

Also, is there any diference between CO2 or Chlorine?

39 minutes ago, Segato said:

I tried the same, but the food have the status "Unrefrigerated!" with red letters, is that expected with this method?

How do you deal what to do with food like "Fried Mushrooms"? Those could be a Final Dish and also an Ingredient.

Also, is there any diference between CO2 or Chlorine?

Unrefrigerated is no problem in a sterile atmosphere.

Crafted ingredients: I leave them in the kitchen unswept. To deal with this, the kitchen is also sterilized. Alternatively you could have another sweeper that can't access the ingredients room but can access a loader to put the ingredients back.

Both CO2 and chlorine (and vacuum) are sterile environments, but chlorine rapidly kills all germs in case of any contamination.

At least 2kg of gas is recommended to prevent off gassing in case some polluted dirt gets in there.

i saw someone build an one tile liquid lock, never though about that, so i copied into my kitchen.

chlorine kills all the germs, sweeper cant reach the ration box. ration box stores mushrooms, meat, brissle berrys to make the higher tier food with the grill.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.48f65ada3af52a21385445b9b5ad2beb.png

Archived