A Realization

I downloaded a couple of saves with 2000+ cycles and I realized, I can live with 20 to 30fps at normal speed
what really killing the game for me is the Lag spikes during panning, switching overlays, clicking on some buildings, and sometimes it just spikes down for no reason, just looking at my dupes working on some build and then *boop* lag spikes

3 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

I downloaded a couple of saves with 2000+ cycles and I realized, I can live with 20 to 30fps at normal speed
what really killing the game for me is the Lag spikes during panning, switching overlays, clicking on some buildings, and sometimes it just spikes down for no reason, just looking at my dupes working on some build and then *boop* lag spikes

Does not surprise me. I am constantly at around 22FPS or so, but no lag spikes. 

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

Due to my laptop overheating, I go from 10 minutes of 36fps to 10 minutes of 11-16 FPS, getting better over the duration. I know it's borderline, but I find it acceptable. 

if your laptop overheats try to clean the vents ;)

Those lag spikes are most likely due to ONI not fitting in your RAM. It's pretty RAM-hungry, even now that it doesn't have many memory leaks. I had a lot of those spikes back when I had only 4gb RAM, now with 16gb it's spike-free.

The only problem I have now is the AI wait time. I measure it in "claps" - when a dupe has to clap 4+ times on average to get attention of a hatch, it's painful but not death sentence. When it goes up to 9 "claps", hatch farming is a waste of time.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, Coolthulhu said:

Those lag spikes are most likely due to ONI not fitting in your RAM. It's pretty RAM-hungry, even now that it doesn't have many memory leaks. I had a lot of those spikes back when I had only 4gb RAM, now with 16gb it's spike-free.

in @Lutzkhie case, it might be because of loading a save multiple times. There is a huge memory leak after exiting game to main menu. Doing this few times even with small worlds results in ONI mem usage going from ~2-3GB into 10+GB

37 minutes ago, flapee said:

in @Lutzkhie case, it might be because of loading a save multiple times. There is a huge memory leak after exiting game to main menu. Doing this few times even with small worlds results in ONI mem usage going from ~2-3GB into 10+GB

I only reload 1 or 2 times per gaming session

Archived