My take on ideal steam turbine heat deletion without super coolant

Looks great ! Staggering numbers indeed :)

So you maintain the steam between 185C and 195C before it enters the Turbines correct ? What is the oil below the Tuners for ?

As for power it consumes 2k (3.6k for the Tuners -1.6k from the turbines) + the water pump and the liquid shutoffs

So this would be perfect for a water geyser at 95C.

Could the water be further cooled (below 30C) as thats a little too close for Bristle Blossoms !?

2 hours ago, PickPay said:

Looks great ! Staggering numbers indeed :)

So you maintain the steam between 185C and 195C before it enters the Turbines correct ? What is the oil below the Tuners for ?

As for power it consumes 2k (3.6k for the Tuners -1.6k from the turbines) + the water pump and the liquid shutoffs

So this would be perfect for a water geyser at 95C.

Could the water be further cooled (below 30C) as thats a little too close for Bristle Blossoms !?

Petroleum is a common thing to put at the bottom of steam rooms to help distribute heat, as it's more thermally conductive than water and stays liquid across the temperature ranges used.

Just change temperatures on the liquid pipe thermo sensors to get colder water, the first three eject water that's already cold, and the last one cycles back water that's not cold enough.

Valves and shutoff did not produce heat by itself. Unless your liquid is hotter than valve overheats limit, you can put valves in a vacuum. Merging valves room with vacuum room below will simplify a bit.

2 hours ago, PickPay said:

What is the oil below the Tuners for ?

He wanted for heat from aquatuners to dissipate as soon as possible. Liquid under AT is one of valid ways, another way is using very high pressure steam and tempshift plates.

6 hours ago, abud said:

Valves and shutoff did not produce heat by itself. Unless your liquid is hotter than valve overheats limit, you can put valves in a vacuum. Merging valves room with vacuum room below will simplify a bit.

You are correct, i assumed liquid shutoffs generated a small amount of heat due to using electricity. Another minor oversight is the bridge bypass pipe from the inflow pump doesn't have a thermo sensor on it, potentially allowing near freezing water into the aquatuners.

I think I'm going to improve on this design again by making it double as a water purifier, by making the turbine water flow into the cooling loop and inputting hot salt water from a geyser if pressure inside the room gets below 20kg, with a steel autosweeper and a pressure plate that only activates the sweeper when salt reaches 100kg. I love this game. 

Edit: Construction has begun

JfLjm6c.png

On 07/08/2019 at 6:42 AM, Stabby Joe said:

I think I'm going to improve on this design again by making it double as a water purifier, by making the turbine water flow into the cooling loop

exactly what I'm working on. I got a salt geyser and a steam vent next to each other, looks like a match made in heaven with this design. One turbine is gonna feed 2 spoms and the other one is gonna be cool water for the base so I will just cool that one and let the hydrogen supply the extra energy

Suggestion: Temperature sensor to shutoff the aquatuners, if the system overheats. At one time your steam turbines will overheat for a frew seconds, and then the desaster happens. Your aquatuners will melt, because the heat wont get away anymore. This has only to happen for 10 seconds or so. And it will happen, because the engine is not 100% stable. At the point the temperature calculations are off realtime, the system will break.

Archived