"Disable autoharvest" not working? - save the dreckos

Hi! I recently copied this glossy drecko farm design from youtube. problem is, my dupes keep harvesting the mealwood in the farm.

I checked "disable autoharvest" on all plants, removed meal lice from the menu(consumables screen), dropped the plants priority to 1... nothing seems to work.

as you can see in the image below - Max is being a complete A55 by harvesting a plant with a "No harvest pending" mark(why is this happening?). I also tried sending dupes away manually(a tedious task), and locking the door to the farm portion of the stables. that in turn proved to be ill-advised, since the plants cannot keep growing without manual fertilization - requiring duplicant access. So... am I being a big dummy? missing something obvious? any and all help would be appreciated.

Also! - first post here on the klei forums so I apologize if this has been addressed before(my google-fu is a bit meh) or if I posted in the wrong place. - Cheers!

20190806043214_1.thumb.jpg.b6a01041e8be474a8f5abb0c6c4ad522.jpg

23 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

Definitely bugged. Post a bug report and attach your save.

I thought so too! maybe I will...

10 minutes ago, Promethien said:

If you are still eating lice its not a problem. The dreckos will eat a partially grown plant. When your ranch fills out you'll never get a harvest because the dreckos will eat them before they fully grow.

Now that's good to know.. so just micromanage the fertilization until I get to eight dreckos huh? maybe uproot a plant or two if they can't "out eat" the plant growth rate...that will save a lot of work-time(and some dirt). that I can do.

Thank you both very much for the info. while not a conventional solution - I can still put that to use.

I'm thinking the same thing. any idea how much is enough for eight dreckos to live off of?

Wiki says they each consume 1 plant at any growth stage(except the 1st - I assume, because the you can have a drecko ranch with just one plant?)    every 600 seconds(1 cycle), and that mealwood growth takes 3 cycles. so... for each plant that means one cycle from scratch to the 2nd growth stage - which is large enough for the dreckos to eat yeah? so eight plants should be just right? 

8 minutes ago, Caochu said:

(4 mealwoods for 8 eight glossy dreckos works fine for me :cupcake:)

WOW. that's simpler than I thought. thanks for the muffin...

I'm really bad at this posting thing lol. 

I don't have the game open right now, so my explication will be a bit awkward. If you hover your mouse over the diet of a selected critter (click on a live critter, not on the encyclopedia), it will show you the quantity the critter eat of a specific plant or material. I can't recall the percentage per cycle a dreck eat of a mealwood, but I just happened once to think that a 4:8 ratio would be fine for my way to ranch and it fitted perfectly in my stable design :beguiled:

But as I am now curious of how I calculated that, I will check later haha

1 hour ago, Wickerb0tt0m said:

I'm thinking the same thing. any idea how much is enough for eight dreckos to live off of?

Wiki says they each consume 1 plant at any growth stage(except the 1st - I assume, because the you can have a drecko ranch with just one plant?)    every 600 seconds(1 cycle), and that mealwood growth takes 3 cycles. so... for each plant that means one cycle from scratch to the 2nd growth stage - which is large enough for the dreckos to eat yeah? so eight plants should be just right? 

WOW. that's simpler than I thought. thanks for the muffin...

I'm really bad at this posting thing lol. 

even 1 plant for 1 drecko,all new born baby have internal food in them and lower burn rate you should be safe to cut it @ 7 tree

1 hour ago, Wickerb0tt0m said:

Wiki says they each consume 1 plant at any growth stage

They bugged right now. So 1 mealwood can support even 200 drecko if you can manage to prevent them eating at same time.

Normally 3 mealwood for 1 glossy drecko. This is explained here

Oh, I remember now, while checking how much calorie a Drecko got while munching a mealwood, I saw the reset mechanic Abud refers above. So I actually made my calcul instead about the phosphorite excreted I wanted per cycle. Sorry for the misinformation, I totally forgot about the way I calculated. Anyway, for what it is, I can at least assure you that in practice (400 cycles) you won't have any trouble with a ratio of 4:8 as for now :excitement:

wow, ya' guys, thanks a lot for the info dump! the 1 mealwood per 200 dreckos thing is hysterical! but I'd rather avoid using exploits since I trust klei to fix them eventually, and I don't want my save rendered unsalvageable in the next patch. I think I'll go with the 4:8 ratio for now.. see how things work out. but I will also save some space to plant more in case the feeding demands are overly harsh in future updates(gotta have a 96 tile room anyway).

Although, now that i think about it updates probably don't apply to older savegames. Duh..

But still I would rather experience the game as intended by its makers, with all the challenge it brings.

10 minutes ago, Wickerb0tt0m said:

I will also save some space to plant

Even if Klei fix the bug, worst-case scenario for 4:8 ratio will fall into category 1. There is nothing wrong with it, because we just need their plastic after all. They will starving from time to time, but will survive.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:57 AM, abud said:

Drecko rancher has few options:

1. Feed them minimum mealwood as long they didn't die. Some people opt for this, especially when they didn't have an overflow room and just care about plastic. When calories hit 0, they will start starving state. After starving for 10 cycles they will die. But if they eat anytime on that 10 cycles duration, their starving count will reset. No matter how little they just ate, starving counter reset.
  2. Feed them maximum mealwood the can eat. Dupist players (as compared to humanist) usually opt for this. Dupe can harvest mealwood that didn't get eaten
  3. In between both options. If there is mealwood ready to harvest means too much mealwood (or need more drecko), but if there is drecko that have low calories can't find food means too much drecko compete for food.
  4. Did not feed them at all. I don't need to explain, self-explanatory.

I think I'm with #3 on that list. I wanna save the worktime since I'm running an 8 dupe colony and will probably max at 12. also there's really no point in harvesting licemeal at all with all the hatch omelette and frost buns I got going on. and yeah, I dont want them competing for food. I want to squeeze every last bit of plastic and eggs as I can out of just 8 drecks.

13 minutes ago, abud said:

Btw @Wickerb0tt0m, I cannot reproduce your bug, my dupes idle. Its been like this for 1 cycles.

image.thumb.png.1835dc550eea221dae64e224ab3f4ce3.png

Edit: I just notice your yellowish mealwood. I'll wait until they naturally drop their harvest

Maybe it has to do with reloading the game several time per launch. I save-scumd just before plantig those mealwood to get a second rancher ASAP and I noticed that load-times are getting longer every time I load the game, then are normal again when I restart. if it really is a bug, then that's my best guess.

I usually don't do this but I REALLY needed that extra rancher NOW . . I mean THEN. 

This game really need some kind of point allocation system for dupe spawning. modders if you can hear me...

9 minutes ago, Wickerb0tt0m said:

I save-scumd just before plantig those mealwood

I would recommend this mod rather than reloading

Probably your dupe just run to mealwood because on loading state many things turned off. I'm not sure, if you post this bug, then your savefile will be mandatory. Because it not happen to everyone. I cannot make it happen in many ways.

I just want to make sure: You didn't have any mod active that modify plants or dupe errands?

Just now, abud said:

I just want to make sure: You didn't have any mod active that modify plants or dupe errands?

Nope. no mods whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, abud said:

Oh yeah. that will do!

I'll make sure to post it as a bug sometime soon. I need to learn how to locate and attach my save files.

thanks a lot for all the help man!

I had a semi similar bug happen, but i have no pictures of it. I had my mealwood set to no auto harvest and when it fell on its own it left the "no harvest pending" message stuck on it, then my farmer got stuck in a loop trying to harvest that plant, which was at 0%. No idea what caused it, I just uprooted and it didn't happen again.

Archived