To celebrate @ruhrohraggy's triumphal return to the forums, I iterated on his spaghetti monster SPOM to integrate a Drecko ranch.  I also am attempting to abuse@Neotuck's observation that Drecko's can jump from floor to ceiling when there is a 1 tile gap to speed up the grooming and shearing process.  It's not the most efficient for scale growth, but it lets the rancher breathe while he's doing rancher stuff.

DreckoSPOM.thumb.JPG.dae63760e79d54152f17fc648a69ac0b.JPG

Caveman Automation

Leftmost oxygen sensor turns the pumps off when the oxygen backs up.  Element sensors on the left and right set to oxygen and the top set to hydrogen.  Hydrogen pump turns on when there is more than 1.2kg of pressure.  

Spoiler

DreckoSPOM_F2.thumb.JPG.b2cada1d9947ad8b482ad970b2a70b87.JPG

Ventilation overlay

Spoiler

DreckoSPOM_F7.thumb.JPG.536645c7fe5fef3aa0582070bd150e30.JPG

Your old SPOM would have sent the non-hydrogen containing line (the currently empty one on the top left) back to the ranch room, and that would be fine to do here as well. I just vent it outside currently because it removes a little heat.

Neat, I like it. Glad the concept was useful! Though my original design sucks up both the hydrogen and oxygen together and sorts it. Yours looks like you use gravity to do some of your filtering, and the drecko benefit.

Doesn't really matter to me, as long as it works!

Actually ended up pulling out the original to use in my current Arboria playthrough. I tried my smaller SPOM design, got mad and ripped it out as it was putting up a fight. The original design is a beast.

Hopefully we can encourage more people to embrace the spaghetti...

Spoiler

Sgetti.thumb.png.f3a1fa59ddd0f801a26bf71a82810ffe.png

5 hours ago, Ambaire said:

Amazing.

Alternately, have the rancher in an exosuit.

But then you'd miss the opportuniy to overengineer the issue and obsess over it for hours on end. 

Also what's that about Dreckos jumping? Can Pips jump too?

Archived