Heavy Conductive Joint Plate VS NON conductive

I thought conductive heavy was just for decor but it says the joint plate has more power capacity... what is the exact amount of wattage the regular heavy joint plate can carry vs the conductive one? Also does this apply to the conductive heavy watt wire as well?

1 hour ago, Promethien said:

The numbers on the tooltips are accurate.

Thanks, my question was more specifically about the joint plate though... I'm not seeing any exact numbers on the tool-tip so how am I supposed to know the limits...

jointplate.jpg

1 hour ago, Cypher-7 said:

That’s interesting. If that is true I can’t think of a way to use that as an advantage with both types of wire having the same capacity.

It makes me wonder can the normal heavy plate not support the full power of the heavy wire??? but I would like specific numbers...

2 hours ago, Promethien said:

Oh my bad. The joint plates don't have a capacity. They function like bridges with the pipes and vents. The power doesn't actually enter them, it just sort of teleports it across without directly interacting.

Look in my screenshot above "Carries more Wattage than a regular Heavi-Watt Joint Plate without overloading." there must be a max wattage draw for the heavy bridge vs the capactive heavy bridge before it overloads... because the description specifically says the conductive one mysteriously is less likely to overload...

3 hours ago, Promethien said:

Oh my bad. The joint plates don't have a capacity. They function like bridges with the pipes and vents. The power doesn't actually enter them, it just sort of teleports it across without directly interacting.

Like all the other power bridges, electricity flows through them, in fact they take overload damage. For some reason, they are actually the first to take overload damage usually.

11 minutes ago, Manark said:

I also find it weird that the conductive joint plate actually has worse decor AND a run speed penalty, while at the same time needing special skills and refined metal?

Was this changed in a recent patch? I believe they offer the same move speed bonus and decor. The only difference, to my knowledge, is that Conductive ones can be made out of metal, so gold in particular (or niobium if you are rich), reducing their decor malus by a lot (50%).

8 hours ago, NoQuitting said:

Thanks, my question was more specifically about the joint plate though... I'm not seeing any exact numbers on the tool-tip so how am I supposed to know the limits...

jointplate.jpg

I was referencing these screen shots, but looking in game they are definitely the same.

4 hours ago, suxkar said:

Like all the other power bridges, electricity flows through them, in fact they take overload damage. For some reason, they are actually the first to take overload damage usually.

Was this changed in a recent patch? I believe they offer the same move speed bonus and decor. The only difference, to my knowledge, is that Conductive ones can be made out of metal, so gold in particular (or niobium if you are rich), reducing their decor malus by a lot (50%).

They pretty clearly have a run speed penalty, if you watch a dupe run over them the stuttering is really visible, or did you just mean vs ordinary joint plates?

24 minutes ago, Aelfled said:

They pretty clearly have a run speed penalty, if you watch a dupe run over them the stuttering is really visible, or did you just mean vs ordinary joint plates?

I'm pretty sure that, movementwise, they work as the description says, they are basically a metal tile so they increase movemnt speed by 50%. May be the stuttering you see is the other way around? Duplicants will slow down by 25% when going from a join plate to a normal tile (+50% movespeed --> +25% movespeed)

17 hours ago, suxkar said:

I'm pretty sure that, movementwise, they work as the description says, they are basically a metal tile so they increase movemnt speed by 50%. May be the stuttering you see is the other way around? Duplicants will slow down by 25% when going from a join plate to a normal tile (+50% movespeed --> +25% movespeed)

The description says -50% though... not +50%. It's a penalty (always has been) rather than a bonus. I would think it difficult to run faster if you've got phat 20kW wires poking through the ground :)

21 minutes ago, vascoegertklei said:

The description says -50% though... not +50%. It's a penalty (always has been) rather than a bonus. I would think it difficult to run faster if you've got phat 20kW wires poking through the ground :)

Oh my bad, totally thought it was a plus. Sorry and thanks for the info!

Archived