[Experimental Update] - 357371

Kevin

• Developer

Hey Grifters!

This update is mostly fixes and balance changes, but there are some new UI features and a new event to find. Tomorrow's experimental update will be the last of this cycle, as we shift into stabilization mode for the wider release on the 8th.

• Added new fullscreen presentation for relationship boons/banes.
  • Added an option to buy noodle cards at the noodle shop. Purchasable once a day.
  • Adjusted card art for improved readability.
  • Added a new random event foraging_chemist and the warp_vial item card associated with the encounter.
  • Adjusted the card insert limits and damage values in the drusk fight - it's easier on prestige 0 now, and harder in higher prestige.
  • Added a new random encounter with a specifically written NPC (brave_merchant).
  • Added colourblind-mode option that changes card colours based on three different types of colour-blindness.
  • Added custom max_xp to specialty, size_up and reversal.
  • Add code to keep negotiation wheels on-screen horizontally, even when the characters do wacky animations.
  • Adjusted the damage on the CHASER argument that the bartenders have so it scales less aggressively with difficulty.
  • Added a "back off" option to side_bounty_hunt.
  • Changed OPINION_EVENT.ATTACKED to use OPINION_DOWN instead of BAD (which bottoms out at disliked). 
  • Fixed focused cynotrainer sometimes not upgrading a card.
  • Fixed bug where you would meet the vendor again in handler_spree_shake_down even if you didn't buy their fake.
  • Changed spines to use its stacks to indicate how much Counter will be gained.
  • Run the erosion delay in a coroutine so it doesn't block if multiple cards are animated at once (eg. when adding execute cards).
  • Added a prestige indicator to the fight/negotiation screens.

View full update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Developer

Oops! That would be my fault. I had multiple changes on the go, and tried to check them in selectively. I'll finish what I'm doing and push the build again.

Thanks for finding that!

Alright, the build with the fix is on it's way. It usually takes about a half hour to go live.

In addition to the fix, it adds the following:

• Added a new random encounter with a specifically written NPC (brave_merchant).
  • Added colourblind-mode option that changes card colours based on three different types of colour-blindness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Developer

They won’t reset, but they are stuck on the build you got them on. So your experimental unlocks will continue on in new experiments builds. 

You can move your profile.lua files across builds if you like, and it will probably work, but we don’t explicitly support that. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pacovf said:

I am a bit sad to see that Specialty was changed so that it improvises an attack card, instead of a Finisher. I hope that concept makes it into a future card.

This card should be 0 or improvised card free : it cost min 2 (1 Specialty and cost of another card) for only have 2 combo. Or gain 4 combo.

It’s cheaper to roll combo with 2 gain 4 and gain defense roll combo next turn...

If it improvised a card that can spend that combo, it would be ok. The flexibility of choosing how to spend your combo makes up for 2 combo not being a huge amount. Plus, the upgrade does give 4 combo, which is solid.

Problem is, if you improvise a card that doesn’t do anything with that combo, then that’s a pretty bad deal. You also start with 5 attack cards that will likely not interact with combo, so there’s some heavy lifting to do with your deck before Specialty is a good choice for your actions.

• Like 1

hi,

ive been a huge fan of griftlands already, but i have a few things to say about the latest patches 

when you are past prestige 4 (where the bosses get stronger) and you get the new drusk boss fight (the 2 bosses at the dockyard i hope thats what they called) they are a bit overtuned in my opinion. i had 3 strong people helping me and a very strong combat deck built from the start and i didnt stand a chance. if you dont get a strong opening in the beginning, your deck will be completely flooded with the ''spend 1 to receive 5 damage or you get 18 damage if it gets activated cards'' and the fight is basically over already, ive had a few runs where i got like 2/3 turns in a row that my hand got filled with those debuff cards. (which is not fun at all since you basically spend all action point to take damage without being able to do anything else)

also, the intimidation cards you get when you intimidate someone in a argument are totally nuts right now if you have a hostile build. (ive had multiple hard quests done in turn one because you get like 4 dominance in the start sometimes)

im really enjoying the game so far anyways, 

keep up the good work!

cheers