[Experimental Update] - 357085

• Developer

Hey Grifters,

Lots of tweaks today, and a couple of new grafts to play with. Has anyone faced the Drusk yet?

• Added three new common battle grafts.
  • Added flavour text to sal's starting cards.
  • Foreman support gives you an opening action instead of plain damage.
  • Added lens flares to the Prestige screen.
  • Adding custom icons/colours to each fight preview.
  • Updated the card widget art to make the text more readable.
  • Added erosion anim for expended cards.
  • Negotiation tweaks to Airtight, Appeal to Reason, Build Rapport and Calling in All Favors
  • Elucidate is "Duplicate argument at random", Focused Elucidate is a targetted argument.  
  • White lie is: Add a copy of this card to your discards. When drawn, incept Doubt 1.
  • Doubt is straight-up X damage instead of 1-X, cause it was quite feeble.
  • Fix for Discord displaying the wrong name (Loading... instead of Griftlands).
  • Fixed this complaint: "PLEASE make this an option! Anyone with two monitors will greatly appreciate being able to click on other applications without the game minimising!"
  • Fixed pale bounty hunter cost.
  • Trying out some tweaks to intimidate:
    •     It's non-expend, so that the mechanic is repeatable and doesn't just devolve into a normal negotiation after a few turns.
    •     It's autoplay, so that you can't ignore it and play normally.
    •     Intimidated stacks instead of being created anew, so that they don't fill up the argument circle.
    •     The bonus to hostility scales with stacks, so that you feel threatening, and because otherwise you are overwhelmed by the 10 resolve penalty.
    •     Intimidated is an Inception instead of an argument, for consistency and simplicity
    •     Intimidated ticks down whenever you play a non-Hostile card. This replaces the damage penalty to Diplomacy cards.

View full update

• Thanks 2

Since you ask so nicely: I faced the Drusks yesterday. I had a beast of a discard-counter deck with 4 actions per turn (killed Nadan in two turns the day after), so I faced them alone. This was in prestige 4, so they were boosted. It was easily the hardest fight in that run, though going in alone is likely not the intended experience. These guys *drown you* in status cards. I don't know if it's less bad when fighting them with allies, but it was rough. It wasn't uncommon to start a turn with 3 of those status cards in hand (out of 5 cards) after the first shuffle, and there's not much you can do with that. The effect on the status cards themselves felt roughly ok. I thought the bringing-back-to-life mechanic was cool though, and it felt fair.

The rest of the changes here sound good. I am not sure Elucidate needed the nerf, but maybe I just didn't figure out how to properly abuse it.

(also please give us a card and graft compendium soon so we can check the changes without having to run into them :p)

Edited by pacovf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

Negotiation tweaks to Airtight, Appeal to Reason, Build Rapport and Calling in All Favors

All but Calling in All Favours are good changes. I am not sure if the change to Calling in All Favours is supposed to be most a buff or a nerf, but it feels like a strong nerf. It's a very niche card now.

3 hours ago, Kevin said:

• Trying out some tweaks to intimidate:
    •     It's non-expend, so that the mechanic is repeatable and doesn't just devolve into a normal negotiation after a few turns.
    •     It's autoplay, so that you can't ignore it and play normally.
    •     Intimidated stacks instead of being created anew, so that they don't fill up the argument circle.
    •     The bonus to hostility scales with stacks, so that you feel threatening, and because otherwise you are overwhelmed by the 10 resolve penalty.
    •     Intimidated is an Inception instead of an argument, for consistency and simplicity
    •     Intimidated ticks down whenever you play a non-Hostile card. This replaces the damage penalty to Diplomacy cards.

This is good, aside from the fact that the damage depends on when you draw the cards. If you draw one every turn, you might be taking 10 resolve damage every turn, which is nuts. If you draw them all in a single turn, then you only take 10 damage once, one or two turns down the line. The damage dealt by Intimidate should depend on how many times it's been incepted (ie. a single intimidate going to 0 should deal maybe 4 damage, while two intimidates going to 0 will deal 8).

I also don't think Manipulate cards should trigger the decrease. Manipulate cards already suffer so much from late-day Bartender negotiations, they don't need to suffer from intimidate checks too.

The cards that incept doubt feel a lot better now. If you can cycle through your deck white lie can get to a respectable number and the other card incepting 3 doubt is great to. There damage should maybe be a different color as ive had heated arguments = to my doubt and i couldnt tell where the damage is going. The intimidate negotiations i dunno how i feel about them because i actively try to avoid them. If i have a diplomacy deck forget it. I tried the 1 cost bounty hunter card its a bit better. If i have enough dominance then the aoe card can net me more damage but its still situational at best. 

• Like 1

Faced the drusk again. The new graft rejigger (discard up to 2 cards then draw that many) seems pretty powerful even more so vs this boss. Seems like a great new graft for the game. I was using the upgraded slippery to put 2 of the detonation cards back into my hand so they would expend with little or no damage taken. Fun boss fight looking forward to more content.

• Like 1