creatures going through structures/wall. Bug ?

After a few hours trying to figure out the reason for this "bug", I realized that. the creatures cross some structures because the structures disappear at a certain distance, but the creatures keep walking, causing the creatures to walk where the structures are placed. i don't know if this is a bug or is it supposed to be like this.

video for better understanding  

Considering structures were never really meant to be used as walls, it makes sense that they disappear in order to save on ..... ram? Memory?

I'm not good with computers but I'm pretty sure having to load less structures is easier on the games performance. As such I'm pretty sure this is working as intended and will never get "fixed"

the structures are disappearing cause they unload. thats to make less work for your pc. if they woudnt your pc would have to load the whoile world all the time and that would lag very much. so but normally your range isnt so big. if your range is like the original in dst without using arial view mod then first all mobs will be paused and much later then the structures unload. so the animals cant walk threw them cause they are paused. 

i always play with arial view mod and neevr had this problem. maybe cause you are as far zoomed out as its possible. so maybe it helps if you dont stay at the farest zoom out range.

i dont htink klei will fix this cause its working how it should. if they would fix it it would be more lag for evry player. using this mod or not

and just btw... if you have a problem and you want help then tell all your mods which you are using. cause its obviously a problem cause of your mods and you arent mention any mods -.-

nvm just dont zoom out so much at your farms and it should be fine

5 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

the structures are disappearing cause they unload. thats to make less work for your pc. if they woudnt your pc would have to load the whoile world all the time and that would lag very much. so but normally your range isnt so big. if your range is like the original in dst without using arial view mod then first all mobs will be paused and much later then the structures unload. so the animals cant walk threw them cause they are paused. 

i always play with arial view mod and neevr had this problem. maybe cause you are as far zoomed out as its possible. so maybe it helps if you dont stay at the farest zoom out range.

i dont htink klei will fix this cause its working how it should. if they would fix it it would be more lag for evry player. using this mod or not

and just btw... if you have a problem and you want help then tell all your mods which you are using. cause its obviously a problem cause of your mods and you arent mention any mods -.-

nvm just dont zoom out so much at your farms and it should be fine

I am certain it's not Aerial view, since Aerial view is a client mod it is unable to have that kind of effect in the server.

5 minutes ago, Pruinae said:

I am certain it's not Aerial view, since Aerial view is a client mod it is unable to have that kind of effect in the server.

hm but im using aerial view for long time and i can tell if you do the animals around you will be paused much later then if you dont. just look how big the range is. normally evrything gets paused whats not in your range. and aerial view mod makes the range like 3-5 bigger and still evrything you can see wont be paused. so i dunno. if that woudnt be the case then we should see paused animlas in aerial view.

but i dunno i have no knowledge how this works. just my experience from playing

4 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

hm but im using aerial view for long time and i can tell if you do the animals around you will be paused much later then if you dont. just look how big the range is. normally evrything gets paused whats not in your range. and aerial view mod makes the range like 3-5 bigger and still evrything you can see wont be paused. so i dunno. if that woudnt be the case then we should see paused animlas in aerial view.

but i dunno i have no knowledge how this works. just my experience from playing

The loading and unloading of entities isn't dependent on camera zoom distance. It's always a set distance from the player. Aerial View just lets you see exactly when they unload and what happens to them before they do.

3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

The loading and unloading of entities isn't dependent on camera zoom distance. It's always a set distance from the player. Aerial View just lets you see exactly when they unload and what happens to them before they do.

hm makes sence

but that would mean this bug would also appear if you dont use aerial view. like i said i didnt had this problem thats why i thought its the mod.

for example if you make fences with a pig in it and the pig walks to the fences cause of a seed outside, then this bug should happen when players walk by

6 hours ago, chrisbq said:

the problem is all the wall works fine, but the statue...

The "technology" of those items do differ in that one is placed like a structure and the other is placed like an item that can be moved freely in its crafted form. Also statues are newer than the walls are, perhaps this or a combination of reasons are why they are different.

49 minutes ago, ItsPizzaTime said:

The "technology" of those items do differ in that one is placed like a structure and the other is placed like an item that can be moved freely in its crafted form. Also statues are newer than the walls are, perhaps this or a combination of reasons are why they are different.

I think if they increase the "despawn" distance of the statues just a little, so that the statues disappear after the creatures, will work normal and will not impact game performance.

6 hours ago, chrisbq said:

I think if they increase the "despawn" distance of the statues just a little, so that the statues disappear after the creatures, will work normal and will not impact game performance.

post it in the bug forum and if a dev sees it it will be fixed. i mean theres a very high chance they fix that.

same was with the gold boulders icons in ds. people always cried about it here in the forums for years and few months ago someone post it in the bug tracker and the devs fixed it.

59 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

I may have found a solution for this. If you build an Ocuvigil, it seems that the area will always be loaded. Or I may have just been lucky with the Bunnies, might need further testing.

I already tried, but it didn't work.
ocuvigil only shows what appears on the map, but that area is paused.

Archived