Conveyor system

Hi, I was lookig for an eficient storage system, was thinking in something like a big warehouse with multiple auto sweapers. But the problem is I dont have any idea how to send materials to other secondary storage boxes.

5 minutes ago, Segato said:

Hi, I was lookig for an eficient storage system, was thinking in something like a big warehouse with multiple auto sweapers. But the problem is I dont have any idea how to send materials to other secondary storage boxes.

Someone had a post a while back that had something like you were looking for, and I posted this image:

image.thumb.png.78a87165440dd0170200beae87d8520c.png

Basically you have a conveyor loader inside your base that dupes can use. It sends material to a conveyor chute inside a box.  An autosweeper picks up a particular material and drops it in a specific conveyor loader, which runs to one of many receptacles.  You enable that item in a storage bin, and a loader fills it up.  

I think I have a better idea.

Workers put everything into the upper box, then the upper arm transfers them to the conveyor, and finally drop on the middle brick. So I can put everything together on one brick.

The lower 4 arms transfer things to those boxes on the bottom until them are full.

When workers need anything, they go to the bottom boxes, not the upper one. 5d1f142870897__20190705171001.thumb.png.da68f7a5e19ab96ef68a906b398f2d62.png

Actually we need more box on the top, like 3~5.

When one of the workers is carrying something to the box, it will be locked. Nobody will use this box until the current job is finished. Usually, the distant of carrying is far and it takes a lot of time. For efficiency, it's better to build several box.

3 hours ago, Prince Mandor said:

Why you need upper box?

1 minute ago, BruceZhao said:

Actually we need more box on the top, like 3~5.

When one of the workers is carrying something to the box, it will be locked. Nobody will use this box until the current job is finished. Usually, the distant of carrying is far and it takes a lot of time. For efficiency, it's better to build several box.

But you can make multiple rails with multiple loaders, and allow dupes to put things in loaders directly, without sweeper and storage bin.

You can place loaders in multiple far away places, to reduce delivering distance

Yeah, you're right. but boxes are much cheaper, and no need of power.

This part doesn't matter. I think the key here is —— put every piece together on an untouchable brick, and only take how much you need by arms.

Archived