Metheus page not loading.

Hello! 

I was going to trying and help someone complete the Metheus Puzzle but the page isn't loading for me anymore. It's just a blank white screen. I've already completed the puzzle, just finished it a couple of hours ago actually, and the page was working just fine before. 

I've tried clearing my cookies and cache, switching to different web browsers, and even restarting my computer, but to no avail. 

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Edit://

Added a screenshot of what I'm seeing, no matter what browser I'm using it's just this. It's under a spoiler to avoid clutter. 

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 11.06.37 PM.png

• Developer

Hello @Farlan, I apologize for the problems you are having.

According to your screenshot, your web browser is able to connect to the server, but is not rendering the page, and although the code in that website is very simple, I wouldn’t discard the possibility of incompatibilities between the code and your computer.

Just to be sure, try this:

1. Click here: http://metheus.dontstarvetogether.com/
  2. Right click anywhere in the page
  3. Select the option “View Page Source”
  4. Select and copy everything
  5. Visit this website: https://pastebin.com/
  6. Paste the code into the text box
  7. Scroll down and click “Create New Paste”
  8. Copy the resulting URL and share it in a comment here

This will help me understand what code is your web browser loading.

If you are unable to see any code after step 3, then at least we can discard problems with the HTML and JavaScript, and start investigating the functionality of the web server.

Also, out of curiosity, are you able to load the website using your friend’s computer? Or maybe from your smart phone? Using a different Internet connection than yours?

Thank you.

@YormanA

Hi! Thanks for the reply! 

Unfortunately I'm unable to see anything after step three, everything just shows up as a blank. I've tired it on my phone and on a much newer macbook pro and the result is still the same. Same with a different internet connection as well. 

Spoiler

5d1d121cbad54_ScreenShot2019-07-03at3_34_53PM.thumb.png.532318c540a49057c1b1f5bc2bab9b4d.png

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, maradyne said:

Check that your computer's date and time settings are correct, the page syncs some things between the two required users of the puzzle.
Also try loading the page in Firefox.

I've stopped trying to help people with the puzzle, at the moment, because still no matter what I do the page only shows up blank. I just tried it on Firefox and it's still the same thing. :c 

I've tried to do the puzzle with my sister again, just to see if it would work, but I can't even get to the page to sync up the code because it's just blank. 

Thanks for the suggestions though! I was hoping the Firefox one would work rip.

• Developer

Hello @Farlan

I am so sorry for missing your messages.

I am not very active in the forums and for some reason the messages you sent didn’t trigger an email notification.

I hope you can consider giving Metheus another try. We recently updated the code to improve the login flow, and while I didn’t modify much of the user interface I also didn’t notice anything that could prevent a modern web browser to load the website. Nonetheless, I will keep an eye around this page for a few weeks in case you decide to play the puzzle again. If not, I still appreciate you reporting this issue in the first place as it helped us assign a priority to the maintenance of the project.

Have a good weekend.

Best regards!

Archived