Bee Queen vs Bunnymen

I know we talked about this in another thread, but I didn't want to detract anymore from the topic of that thread than I already have.

So I set up 38 Bunnymen huts around the Bee Queen hive. They haven't been able to get the job done, at the same time I've given them no protection aside from the last attempt in which I only had 4 heavily damaged football helmets and 3 beekeeper hats to spare.

I think I've got her to phase 3 at least. I hit the point where the Grumble Bees get the speed boost, and the fight continues for a bit after that.

The issue seems to be that the Bee Queen hits a point where she just keeps shrieking and the Bunnymen are held in a constant flee mode where their numbers are seriously decimated.

The one thing I haven't done is kill the Grumble Bees that aggro me. I've been completely avoiding all damage and combat during the sequence.

Honestly I'm thinking about hitting her with a pan flute/40 stack of gunpowder just before dusk and seeing how the Bunnymen do after that, but I'd rather not dip into my Deerclops/Bearger solution material.

2 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I know we talked about this in another thread, but I didn't want to detract anymore from the topic of that thread than I already have.

So I set up 38 Bunnymen huts around the Bee Queen hive. They haven't been able to get the job done, at the same time I've given them no protection aside from the last attempt in which I only had 4 heavily damaged football helmets and 3 beekeeper hats to spare.

I think I've got her to phase 3 at least. I hit the point where the Grumble Bees get the speed boost, and the fight continues for a bit after that.

The issue seems to be that the Bee Queen hits a point where she just keeps shrieking and the Bunnymen are held in a constant flee mode where their numbers are seriously decimated.

The one thing I haven't done is kill the Grumble Bees that aggro me. I've been completely avoiding all damage and combat during the sequence.

Honestly I'm thinking about hitting her with a pan flute/40 stack of gunpowder just before dusk and seeing how the Bunnymen do after that, but I'd rather not dip into my Deerclops/Bearger solution material.

Did you set up a couple of small fenced in patches with powder cake or something in them to keep the bunnymen out during the day? 

I ask because we have used bunnymen since we put our hutches up and they rarely loose a fight. If the bunnymen aren't out at the same time (if some are in their houses sleeping) then you would have a problem. Baiting them to stay out is essential. That's the only thing I can think of. Our BQ and Dragonfly both are side by side in our world, and we generally take out the BQ first and then the next evening take out the dragonfly. (although the dragonfly is the one we defeat only about half the time)

We have had a few close calls on loosing too many bunnymen, but if even one can make it until the next evening he will be joined by spawning reinforcements. 

If you have made the celestial portal you can use the moon idol to change into Wigfrid and whip out a few cheap battle helms for them, make another moon idol and switch back into whatever character you want.

Hope that helps some :/

it can be a bit tricky if they move too far from hive or separate on the screen, however i think if they got proper protection they should do just fine. How i usually do it is 20 bunnymen w 20 beekeeper hats, but i also hit the queen abit myself. It may sound expensive to make 25 beekeper hats for a fight, as i keep some for myself too, but you will use those for multiple fights as the bunnymen should wreck her with abit of help, and also this is where the silk happens so it should not be an issue.

Try it while you’re insane. Beardlords do more damage but attack a little less . 

Bunnymen is a great option. Could kill beequeen with no hassle and you can farm the bunnies for meat everyday. But I prefer the 2 Wolfgang’s/wall method. It’s a lot more fun.IMO

Thanks for the tips everyone, I'm gonna try a bit of everything. I'm just about to hit summer so I figure I'll use the season to farm spiders down in the caves while I gather rocky turf for roads. I'm already sitting on 20 spider eggs so I'll set those up as well (should have done that ages ago). I also found another colony of Bunnymen, should be able to get the mats for another 15 hutches or so. Worst case scenario I'll just brute force the fight, but pound cake/beekeeper hats/beardlords/more Bunnymen should do the trick.

Personally I use the wall method. Just 30 walls in a straight line from the edge of the ocean towards the queen and you're easily able to solo queen with 4-5 bee helms (depends on how willing you want to kite) and depending on your playstyle, 20-40 perogi.

The better you are at kiting the less heals you'll need but personally I'm a stubborn ass who hates taking his time so I usually only kite her first jab and then tank the rest. Takes me around 1.2ish days as any character with average damage output

I'm honestly awful at combat lol. I avoid it at all costs. Gunpowder is my go to for the Deerclops, Bearger and Goose Goose, and I always take Hounds to the Beefalo. I'll fight the smaller mobs if I have to, but most of the time I just run.

My gf helped me with the Dragonfly though, that's the one boss I've actually gone toe to toe with. We had a lot of fun with that.

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'm honestly awful at combat lol. I avoid it at all costs. Gunpowder is my go to for the Deerclops, Bearger and Goose Goose, and I always take Hounds to the Beefalo. I'll fight the smaller mobs if I have to, but most of the time I just run.

My gf helped me with the Dragonfly though, that's the one boss I've actually gone toe to toe with. We had a lot of fun with that.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of bee queen and your bunny huts just to see how far apart they are

I'm getting ready to leave the house for a minute, but I'll get a pic up when I get back.

I did watch a video that mentioned leaving enough room between hutches so the Bunnymen don't get stuck, and I did that, but I did cram a rectangle of 20 hutches with the rest of the hutches inside the rectangle and the Queen hive slightly off center.

Now that I'm visualizing it in my head I may only have 31 or 34 hutches.

Anyway, yeah, the group may be getting broken up as they move through the hutches. They spend a good bit of the fight outside the area, but the Bunnymen and Bee Queen are constantly moving in and out of the hutch area. I'll get the pic up in the next hour or so.

All up in bee queens face. Well since you for sure are using bunnies here's my hot take on how I would go about this.

●Pre-battle preperation 

•Try to armor up the bunnies. Not all of them and it doesn't have to be beekeepers hats. Maybe 15 to 20.

•Create some structure or form a strategy that allows you to fight bee queen easier. As good as the bunnies are, it's always good to have a plan B.

Again, I'm partial to the 30 walls in a straight line method as it's cheap and effective at separating bee queen from her minions and will allow you to do some damage if your army is too badly depleted and needs time to recharge. At the very least if you dont want to fight her it will buy time.

•healing items. I'm sure you've got this all down, but for a useful comparison me if you just straight up tank her (not reccomend) I use around 40 ish perogi. Wasteful yes but unless I'm Wolfgang, I value finishing the fight now over an easily farmable food source.

•personal armor. I only ever need 4 to 5 bee helms solo. I assume you'll need even less with your bunny army. 

●Fighting 

Before the battle starts, feed around 10ish bunnies carrots. The more the better. Bunnies under your influence are more likely to follow your command and keep attacking even when she roars (if you attack her that is) There's also a slight possibility of then returning to their houses if not under your command when the sun goes up

•The main strategy is simple.

For the first few parts just hide in a Bush hat and let the bunnies handle her. When she starts roaring, join in and do some damage every now and then. This will allow you to do some damage and allow the bunnies to focus on bee queen again.

If you somehow run out of bunnies use some form of structure or strategy to evade bee queen until the bunnies respawn. Or fight her yourself. It's up to you. If she's gone through 30 plus bunnies, some with armor, I'm fairly sure she should have less then 10k health left, around 2 deerclops worth of life

That's pretty much it. You won't need much to fight her much 

You can message me if you want a fighting buddy if you want. My Psn is fernyatoms. I'll be on in a few hours 

Nice hutches. Yours are a bit closer than mine, but it seems you should be able to pull it off with what you have. I don't see any lightning rods or flingos, do you have them and they are just out of frame? If not, you might want to place a couple of each around your hutches. One lightning strike or fire hound attack can put all that work out the window. I guess you can just roll back if that happens, but I'd rather prevent it :) 

Just finished the fight, another 14 hutches did the trick. I payed a bit more attention to positioning this time when the Queen and her Bees aggro ed on me, I tried to keep the largest pack of Bunnymen between us. I was a bit more active in pulling the Queen back toward the pack when she broke aggro and the Bunnymen fled.

Unfortunately I did not get the kill achievement, which I normally don't care about, but I think I'm gonna have to try the wall trick at some point.

And to answer your question PSV, no I don't have any rods or flings out there yet. There isn't much out that way aside from a couple sink holes and the Bee Queen. I was already planning a bypass road to go around the hutches for when I'm traveling with meat, and I generally stay at base during the summer to farm logs.

I really should throw some rods up though, my first batch of failed fights took place in Spring.

If you don't mind me asking why didn't you just use Winonas catapults? With the setup i have the fight rarely ever lasts more then 2 minutes, albeit my set up is overkill. I set it up right when her rework was released so i had no idea how powerful they were, i've got 8 gemerators and 6 catapults per, so 48 total. Like i said overkill i know but i had more then enough supplies to set it up.

I beat the queen with under 30 hutches and maybe 10-15 bee hats on the bunnies. (However at I farm bunnies I add more hutches)

My method is to have Chester with meat foot( honey nuggets/ perogi) and I'll hold mushrooms for sanity/ health. I use Wolfgang btw. 

I kill the grumble bees while trying to make sure I don't get stunnlocked when she roars. Pretty much towards the end of the fight is when the grumbles will focus you. If all grumbles are dead, I sneak in attacks with tentacle spike or dark sword. 

I try to keep like 5 pig helmets on me and slap the grumble bees on the way back to the queen after a roar. 

Archived