Don't deactivate all Mods on error

I have mods.json open in Notepad++ and if ONI deactivates everything, I quit, refuse to reload and then save the document I have in Notepad++. Works ok right until I have a crash and have forgotten to open Notepad++ :o

I get the idea with the mod deactivation, but at least do as Rimworld and add a game option, which turns the deactivation off. It might be annoying for players, but it's really annoying when creating your own mod. If your mod crashes, you want to read the log, fix something, compile and then you (surprise, surprise) want to load your mod again. You do not want to start the game, open the mod menu, enable your mod and then restart.

This is even more annoying when trying to investigate a conflict between two mods.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

The system is still beta. It cant determin what causes the crash 100%. So it goes the save path and and disables all.

I think this will get improved someday.

That's not a reason to prevent players from losing the mod setup. It's a major annoyance for affected people and if it's a game setting to keep the list, presumably people know what they are doing.

10 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

Speaking of people who know what they are doing... have you tried to make the mods.json write protected?

I wrote an mini app that restore the json if it changed. 

Still just because i can build an round bout dosn't mean anybody can ^^"

Archived