Critter Drop-Off struggles

I keep having issues with the Critter Drop-Offs.

Even if only a single creature is selected and the priority is 9, it doesnt work everytime.

Even if I wrangle with 9, sweep with 9 and have a drop off with yellow emergency WHILE the colony is in emergency mode I still cant get a dupe to bring a hatch to where a want it 100% of the time. It works ~50/50

Also how come the creatures get free so easily? If I tie a cows` legs, I`m thinking it`ll die before it gets free. The dupes can literally build rockets but cant tie a simple knot?

Suggestion 1: Fix priority issues with drop-offs, its very frustrating having to do the same thing over and over again just to see a random hatch eating my dirt yet again.

Suggestion 2: Have a way to set a global drop off mode for the Creature Drop-offs.
The mode would only work with one creature type and if set, all reachable creatures will be auto-wrangled, swept and brought to this drop off.
It should work only in a closed room so any creture outside the room should be subject to auto-wrangling.
I`m tired of spending 10 minutes looking for my glossy drecko that I just spent ~50 cycles trying to evolve.

I never had that much problems with moving critters. Do you have a screenshot of your base? What are your dupe`s priorities, the personal ones? Might be a case of dupes having deliver on low priority so despite of high priority on the dropoff so they do other tasks.

Another issue might be the distance being far. If a dupe is carrying the critter and drops it due to break time the critter breaks loose (normally a wrangled critter needs almost a cycle to break free).

Can`t tell more without seeing the base.

Are you sure you have enough rangers, who are also allowed to ranch? A dupe needs the first ranching promotion to move critters. Obviously it doesn't matter if you have 10 or 20 available dupes if only one has the needed promotion.

Alternatively the critter dropoff could be blocked due to the room being full of critters already, or inaccessible, like a door closing due to automation or something like that.

27 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Can`t tell more without seeing the base.

Yeah a savegame/screenshot would be nice. The replies you get without them will be mostly educated guesses, but nobody can tell for certain why your dupes are misbehaving without knowing precisely what you did or didn't do.

I can see some issues. One is that`s pretty far. Not that much from each other but seems far from the base.

Normal course of action is wrangling by one dupe (Joshua in this case) and waiting for another to transport the critter. Joshua has normal priority for supply and might go for a different task after wrangling the hatch. Next Harold or Jean goes for the delivery task (most likely Harold as Jean might be busy farming). That leaves one or two dupes for the delivery task and they have to be free so finish their previous task. Now the amount of time it takes might be too long and downtime comes so they drop the hatch (my guess is that the hatches often land above the atmo suit docks) and if on a ladder it goes all the way to the bottom.

6 seems not many dupes for something that looks like a pretty large base. Might be hard for them to manage all the tasks. A fire pole would help a lot in them getting where they are needed (you even got some room next to the ladder). You got a lot of power production so i suggest making a transit tube system. Also try giving more dupes high supply priority.

I see another issue.

How many critters does the drop off see ?

Because it's not in a room, it may see far more that the 20 maximum population. If so, duplicants will never deliver critters to that dropoff. ;)

It may also because the critter is in the same room than the dropoff. But it should now prevent duplicants from bringing it, if there's enough "room" for this dropoff. ;)

14 hours ago, Gwido said:

I see another issue.

How many critters does the drop off see ?

Because it's not in a room, it may see far more that the 20 maximum population. If so, duplicants will never deliver critters to that dropoff. ;)

It may also because the critter is in the same room than the dropoff. But it should now prevent duplicants from bringing it, if there's enough "room" for this dropoff. ;)

Closing the drop-off in a room did the trick.
It was a problem with the critter count.

Build LU-366134

Room with 2 bugs, Drop-off max priority (yellow alarm). The only Rancher locked in the stable (he gor Ranching, Supply and Storage priority). Doesn't work at all, rancher going idle.

Set max number critter to zero. Doesn't work at all. 

Switch off and on Drop-off. Doesn't work at all. 

Rebuild Switch-off. Rebuild door to the stable. Doesn't work at all. 

Save and Load. Doesn't work at all. 

The problem in critters I believe. They catch some error-bug and live with it. 

I saw this problem randomly all past year in every build, but it no such a problem as for me

5d8a22b0d1a02_brokenashell.thumb.jpg.ed6f79386eaa7a55a71015e2ddea7a62.jpg

Same game, another room

broken broken.jpg

1 hour ago, Outrate said:

Room with 2 bugs, Drop-off max priority (yellow alarm). The only Rancher locked in the stable (he gor Ranching, Supply and Storage priority). Doesn't work at all, rancher going idle.

Are these babies ?

Ranchers just don't wrangle baby critters. :-/

Archived