7 hours ago, metallichydra said:

i dont care if there's any bonusses, i just want them.

At the very least, the Kitchen really SHOULD give them a buff. It' a high traffic area, where an assigned dupe will spend a lot of their time..

A kitchen could improve the quality of food prepared within or help sanitize meals as they're cooked.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:00 AM, Reiskuchen said:

What about research room and machine shop?

If I recall, there was initially a Machine Shop when the rooms were first introduced, but it was removed before the upgrade went live.  I don't remember what it did, sadly.

12 hours ago, goboking said:

A kitchen could improve the quality of food prepared within or help sanitize meals as they're cooked.

A special kitchen station for preparing hot sauce that adds +1 quality to food could be a building creating a room. Would work similar to the tune up station for the power plant.

Now what would other room benefits be?

Research room could increase research speed. But the learning stat already does that. What other buildings could go there aside of research stations?

Storage areas - what would be the room benefit? Less decor penalty? Can`t think of anything else.

A machine shop could increase the efficiency of pumps, electrolizers or other machinery but you`d have to build one around each pump and that might be hard to do. Maybe if it was some sort of buff yor dupes could apply to machines outside the room. Then it could just be some sort of station that would create machine upgrades.

A Laboratory wich would need washinbasin/sink(for sterile environment)and(maybe)some refined tiles likemetal or plastic for an advanced Version.Could give +0.25 and +0.75 extra researchpoints per research respectivly.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:28 AM, Sasza22 said:

Now what would other room benefits be?

Research room could increase research speed. But the learning stat already does that. What other buildings could go there aside of research stations?

Faster research is a little bland for my tastes.  Maybe consume less research material (dirt and water)?

Archived