Mod request: Better Heavi Conductive Wire

I hope that i am not bugging here with this request, but i dont have the skills to do this myself. It has always bugged me that the standard power wire and the conductive one give more range (1kw to 2kw) but standard Heavy to Conductive dont :( I always run into the problem late game that wires start overloading (around the time i start geting tubes). It just would seem to make sense to have these go to 40kw instead of 20. Hense thats the mod id like to request if anyone can do it. Thanks in advance,

and if you cant or theres something that prevents that i understand too.

One hackish solution would be to disable the overloaded wire code/check if the wire can handle more than 10 kW. That way you can send 30 kW through the 20 kW wire while the 1/2 kW wires can still be overloaded. There is a mod somewhere, which disables this check entirely, but that's for all wires.

16 hours ago, Wyrinn said:

It has always bugged me that the standard power wire and the conductive one give more range (1kw to 2kw) but standard Heavy to Conductive dont :( I always run into the problem late game that wires start overloading (around the time i start geting tubes). It just would seem to make sense to have these go to 40kw instead of 20. Hense thats the mod id like to request if anyone can do it. Thanks in advance,

and if you cant or theres something that prevents that i understand too.

Hi, if you look in the code, you can see that heavy conductive BRIDGE can transfer 50kW, but heavy conductive WIRE can transfer only 20kW. So one of them is definitively bugged.(In my opinion, both may transfer 50kW.) If you want Heavy conductive wire that can transfer 50kW, use RainbowDesign mod(he is very good moder), or you can use this mod. It is from the old day when I start modding.

HeyvyConductive.png

OniHCW50K.dll

Thank you truly for the response, i realy apreciate it!. A question, just because I am a idiot, is there a easier way to install in then the way i managed to get it working. I coppied a existing mod folder that steam made, renamed it to a higher number, and added the lines to the mods.json file. Im just curious if theres a eaiser way, no hurry.

{
      "label": {
        "distribution_platform": 1,
        "id": "2066302971",
        "version": 1560163223,
        "title": "Power Boost"
      },
      "status": 1,
      "enabled": true,
      "crash_count": 0
    }

7 hours ago, Mantak said:

Hi, if you look in the code, you can see that heavy conductive BRIDGE can transfer 50kW, but heavy conductive WIRE can transfer only 20kW. So one of them is definitively bugged.(In my opinion, both may transfer 50kW.) If you want Heavy conductive wire that can transfer 50kW, use RainbowDesign mod(he is very good moder), or you can use this mod. It is from the old day when I start modding.

HeyvyConductive.png

OniHCW50K.dll

Hi, if you want to use any non Steam mod, you must: Go where moddb.json is located. (But don't edit it :) ).There should be at least 2 folders:  Steam  and local : Help1.thumb.png.f0c8175b33066b66b211f39d1a99aecc.png

go in the local folder. Create a new folder here, you can choose any name: ( I choose OniHCW50k)

Help2.thumb.png.d932fcfa8d8e5709b32f6dbf041e05fb.png

Put mod (.dll file) in this new folder. Now start the game and in the main menu click on the mods button. At the end of mod list should be this new mod. Enable it, restart the game, and it is all.

Archived