Player Meats

26 minutes ago, Terra_Zina said:

Humans does NOT eat other humans in real life. Never did. Never will be.

That's some seriously strong denial. Just to be clear: I'm not advocating for or against it's addition into DST. I just don't think it's right to flat out ignore history.

1 minute ago, Sinister_Fang said:

That's some seriously strong denial. Just to be clear: I'm not advocating for or against it's addition into DST. I just don't think it's right to flat out ignore history.

I worded it poorly. I meant that humans does not normally or willingly eat another human. A spider have no problems eating another spider of the same kind, where's humans normally have problems of eating another human.

Sorry. Not englando.

2 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

what do you mean?

What he means is that the main argument was concluded a while ago. This thread is just fluff of people criticizing each other for their mistakes in arguing.

1 minute ago, Hatano Eichero said:

What he means is that the main argument was concluded a while ago. This thread is just fluff of people criticizing each other for their mistakes in arguing.

ok then goodbye everyone I will see you in therapy

I would like to give my opinion on the subject:
Would cannibalism add an important gameplay element to the game? No, of course. Human flesh had rather mediocre characteristics, it was not a good choice to feed on it.
Second question: would cannibalism add one more element to enrich the atmosphere of the game? Yes, absolutely.
In a game called "Don't Starve", where a group of individuals find themselves trying to survive a cruel and hostile world desperately, cannibalism seems almost a natural consequence.
Not only that, personally, it doesn't seem so unnatural or monstrous as many of you have painted it.
Of course, the idea of killing another human being to eat it is horrific. But the idea that a comrade who has died because of circumstances can still help make his comrades survive alive, what's so "ethically upsetting"?
Organ transplants are not based on the same philosophy?
Cannibalism is part of human culture, just like any other species, it is a bit naive to put ourselves above other species and give us an alleged aura of "civilization and superiority". It means at least never having thoroughly read the story.
What then is exactly the same reason why they removed Warbucks, it has something poetic about this thing: they have taken away the "cannibalism" because it is irreconcilable with the superior and civilized human culture, but they have removed Warbucks because it is a proponent and supporter of this presumed cultural superiority . And so it's okay that pigs who dress like human beings, live in the city as human beings, trade and behave like human beings eat each other. But human beings who live like animals, trudging through the wilds, no, they are a step above the pigs. They are however the highest expression of creation and of the divine will.
Vabbeh, let's not give the problem a bigger scope than it really is :'D
Moral of the story, I think that cannibalism created atmosphere, without this really having to add a new mechanic to the game.
Patience

Archived