Falling Into Water

I just found you can now fall into water! 

Like if you walk into what used to be a wall due to the water, you can now fall in and get washed up like you do when jumping off the plank. I'm pretty sure its not a bug-

Im personally not a fan

Update: Its a bug, as it isn't working again. Has anybody else experienced this? 

I actualy drowned. When I was going between islands using platforms I just drowned when I was supposed to just back on land. All my items dropped on land (thankfuly).

My guess is that the game miscalculated the maximum range avaible when jumping from boat to land and decided to make a correction at the very end of my jump.

48 minutes ago, MrNaxeros said:

I actualy drowned. When I was going between islands using platforms I just drowned when I was supposed to just back on land. All my items dropped on land (thankfuly).

My guess is that the game miscalculated the maximum range avaible when jumping from boat to land and decided to make a correction at the very end of my jump.

Well that specifically didnt happen when I hopped on a boat! It happened once on a server though. 

What I'm talking about happened when I walked to close to the water.  

Going OOB will cause you to "trip" and sink. 

You are supposed to wash up.

When the boat sinks, and/or you jump off the plank, the same thing will happen where you wash up on shore.

Overall, touching matter brings you back to land.

is it bug or its really a thing? i was running and hit this corner. then screen goes black, i drop all of my items and something like waking up with 100 wetness. 

Edit: looks like i lost 50 max hp too

jfgghfh.jpg

1 hour ago, darkhero said:

is it bug or really its a thing? i was running and hit this corner. then screen goes black, i drop all of my items and something like waking up with 100 wetness. 

Edit: looks like i lost 50 max hp too

When I played it again it didnt happen. I had to mess around a while. 

Maybe its a bug that its not happening?

I hope they get rid of this tbh

6 hours ago, darkhero said:

is it bug or its really a thing? i was running and hit this corner. then screen goes black, i drop all of my items and something like waking up with 100 wetness. 

Falling into the water, dropping some items, losing max HP and some sanity is a thing, yes.
New feature.
But it's meant for boats and out of bounds only, corner walking shouldn't trigger it.
That bit is a bug.

4 hours ago, -Variant said:

Falling into the water, dropping some items, losing max HP and some sanity is a thing, yes.
New feature.
But it's meant for boats and out of bounds only, corner walking shouldn't trigger it.
That bit is a bug.

Ah, makes more sense now.

I slipped and fell into the water several times while trying to cross a bridge between the desert and the moon made entirely from a long string of stationary boats. My max health hit minimum fast, most of my belongings ended up in the water and I'd just fall back in half the time when I tried to retrieve them, at one point I dropped a Flower Salad in the drink and it spoiled by the time I was able to even try picking it up, and none of the other players on the server were taking my problem seriously, not to mention how much longer it took to actually get to the moon and back (although it sped things up instead if I slipped and fell when I was more than halfway across), which was all very irritating. I was playing as Wormwood and had a very slight and intermittent case of lag, either of which might have been affecting it.

Halfway through I got fed up enough to turn on my Twitch stream so I could get a video record, although disconnecting and reconnecting made the bug happen to me slightly less. It still happened on stream several times, I just haven't yet gone back to the footage to clip it out.

Archived