Cosmic Galleria

GetNerfedOn

Welcome to the Cosmic Galleria, my humble art thread!

In my spare time, a dear friend of mine taught me how to paint, such that i could use art as a form of catharsis. Here I shall show you my creations.

They're watercolor done on scratch paper. Forgive me for the poor quality of my pictures and art, as i have a rather limited imaging device on my phone, not to mention the lack of a scanner, and I am yet an amateur at what i do.

I shall try to create and upload as much art as I can, depending on how much spare time I'm going to get. I hope my art pieces are pleasing to you :)

My first art pieces are here:

Spoiler

IMG_9560.thumb.JPG.3844c11fa0ea8038cd922fa8d4d5e9f9.JPG

Meadow on Cliffs

IMG_9559.thumb.JPG.643d6dcb641fd747fb09d9f7f1c2f946.JPG

Sunflowers

IMG_9558.thumb.JPG.659ca8b6df5761b8d88727d431d80162.JPG

The Death March - this i find especially poignant, as this was a very important historical event for my country... a sacrifice people nowadays most oftentimes take for granted.

IMG_9556.thumb.JPG.72c61474edfa65c2d2cdde86010100ac.JPG

Shooting Star

IMG_9564.thumb.JPG.3275f22df0079f0f91e5b98790b4f319.JPG

Mother With Child - I plan to remake this one considering I went overboard and got the paper damaged. Not to mention the lack of detail.

CHECKLIST

Spoiler

Mother with Child Remake (possibly a third one???)

- Rosalina

- Dragonfruit Flowers

- Mother?! (a scene in mother 3, chapter 6)

- some landscapes my dearest friend sent to me :)

On 6/1/2019 at 12:16 PM, GetNerfedOn said:
  1. IMG_9559.thumb.JPG.643d6dcb641fd747fb09d9f7f1c2f946.JPGSunflowers
  2. IMG_9558.thumb.JPG.659ca8b6df5761b8d88727d431d80162.JPGThe Death March - this i find especially poignant, as this was a very important historical event for my country... a sacrifice people nowadays most oftentimes take for granted.
  1. I remember you sending me this in a pm. Nice to see the rest of your work and hope you do more.
  2. Which country are you in? I love the scale to this! You put a lot of detail but... The colors seem a tad too cheerful for the mood of the piece. I suppose the dark colors are the subject contrast from the bright colors.

3 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. I remember you sending me this in a pm. Nice to see the rest of your work and hope you do more.
  2. Which country are you in? I love the scale to this! You put a lot of detail but... The colors seem a tad too cheerful for the mood of the piece. I suppose the dark colors are the subject contrast from the bright colors.

1. Yes, indeed I did :) 

2. The Philippines to be precise. I painted using a black and white photo for reference with cross-reference from my memories of what our countrysides usually look like on hot summer days. Another friend of mine had a similar comment - my colors were too bright and they needed proper shading, something I know not to do yet.

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it! :D

img032.thumb.jpg.d458c47045684a02fafa49db15800421.jpg

Mother and Child

img033.thumb.jpg.7e7373b459ba7cec2baa029976631527.jpg

Dumaguete - a piece i still have to add detail to

On 04/06/2019 at 4:06 PM, minespatch said:

https://meghalpattani.wordpress.com/2015/01/28/the-colour-theory-makeup/

Hope this site helps but now that you've explained your country, the bright colors make way more sense. It has to do with your culture.:wilson_goodjob:

The site helps indeed :) though I a few questions regarding tints and shades:

- How do I create them? If I have three color tubes with the respective primary colors, how do I create them using those tubes alone?

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

How do I create them? If I have three color tubes with the respective primary colors, how do I create them using those tubes alone?

https://www.dummies.com/art-center/performing-arts/art-painting/watercolor-painting-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

Please don't let the website name scare you, these are good tips.

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

img032.thumb.jpg.d458c47045684a02fafa49db15800421.jpg

I love how the night sky makes the subjects of both the foreground and figures pop out. You improved so quickly!

It's been so long since i've ever found even just any iota of time to paint (partly because i've got coo leg to take care of now, and because i've indulged in the masterpiece that is Mother 3)

However i did find an opportunity and i managed to update Dumaguete:

img036.thumb.jpg.ea5f8ba43cccfc628d9ba4585e83ccb7.jpg

I also attempted to paint Rosalina, but failed thrice :/

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:57 PM, minespatch said:

https://www.dummies.com/art-center/performing-arts/art-painting/watercolor-painting-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/

Please don't let the website name scare you, these are good tips.

I love how the night sky makes the subjects of both the foreground and figures pop out. You improved so quickly!

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 7:39 PM, DragonMage156 said:

Oh wow. A lot of these look really cool ^_^

Thanks so much for the feedback and support! I'll do my best next time I find an opportunity to art :D

What is a Dumaguete ?

15 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

For now my checklist is:

If you check my apophenia art thread, I put my checklist on the first page. It's really helped me out when I'm low on ideas or want to revisit stuff. Just thought you'd like that tip.

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

What is a Dumaguete ?

If you check my apophenia art thread, I put my checklist on the first page. It's really helped me out when I'm low on ideas or want to revisit stuff. Just thought you'd like that tip.

Dumaguete - also known as the city of gentle people - is a city on Negros (pronounced with the stress on the second syllable, mind you), one of the many islands in the Archipelago that is the Philippines. Some of our relatives live there, and it's pretty idyllic and rural.

Archived