So things only spawn on start and palace island? Too easy.

axxel

I am lucky enough to get them spawn on the start island or in rare cases on the second island. Now I have these 3 together on one spot:

image.thumb.png.21202633c7055be49e2c4dc884fa9113.png 

It's nice and all but there's no adventure to find them nor the Divining rod isn't really necessary. How about to place one on each island or in the main ruins? Correct me if I am wrong.

On 25.5.2019 at 7:42 PM, QuartzBeam said:

The Things can spawn on any island, except the Roc's nest. It's RNG.

Never had the luck to find others on the other islands. It seems RNG prefers to put things on the first island.

It is indeed RNG.

When I generated a new world after the update, I've managed to find 3 things in a row on the same island.

I've generated a new world again (because I've died) and I've only found 1 thing on the first island.

On 5/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, axxel said:

Never had the luck to find others on the other islands. It seems RNG prefers to put things on the first island.

The first island is significantly bigger than the others, so that's to be expected.

So they are placed on the first island because the game check the start island first? You seem you are acquainted with world gen.

I'd wish they try to find a different island if one thing is already placed on one island.

Archived