Best Way For Meat?

Hullo guys! I'm playing DS RoG for long and I always use fire farm for meat and
with firefarm I'm getting 95 meat for 5 minute :o (Yeah, I counted)

But the burning mechanics in DST is not same as DS and this thing make firefarm uselless. So what is the best way for farming meat? Spider meat is easy to get for Webber but ussualy play with Maxwell. To be honest I'm not very good at kiting monsters and Maxwell have bad health even you wear fullset. I looked on youtube but everybody use "Feeding and fake attack" method. I hope you guys have good tricks for me :) 

don't starve meat ile ilgili görsel sonucu

nope, that method is pretty much the go-to. fence in about 20 bunny hutches, feed one, and procede with the civil war. On average, you'll get about 15 meat and 30 carrots each time. Combined with the bunny's incredibly short respawn timer, you're going to see yourself swimming in food and healing.

15 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

nope, that method is pretty much the go-to. fence in about 20 bunny hutches, feed one, and procede with the civil war. On average, you'll get about 15 meat and 30 carrots each time. Combined with the bunny's incredibly short respawn timer, you're going to see yourself swimming in food and healing.

Ah, I just thinked the bunnyman is like pigs. They are just like "Spiders" right? Feeding one triggering others? Did I understand right.

Just now, Slagger said:

Ah, I just thinked the bunnyman is like pigs. They are just like "Spiders" right? Feeding one triggering others? Did I understand right.

kinda, for whatever reason, when you feed 1 bunny, others won't follow you, but they'll help attack for you. Though I should note that if the bunny's are to densely packed, they may all just end up fighting 1, so you'll have to repeat the process of attack canceling. 

11 minutes ago, Starlogy said:

also be aware of picking up your produce while there are still bunnymen running around, as they're hardcore vegetarians and will attack you for carrying meat.

Ohhh, vegans are still vegan in everywhere. Dangerous, creepy and threatfull.

Use moonstone to farm werepigs if you have enough pig houses, which solves food and armor issues once for all. You get hundreds of each every full moon safely. make lots of meat racks (I have 80), and jerky is all you need for food, sanity and health. I bundle extra for boss fights.

I used to farm bunnies, but it's very easy to get killed, if you accidentally pick up a meat or hit a bunny when your befriended bunnies dead that you unaware of.

I no longer cook other food for healing, because it's very time consuming. Jerky is all you need, it's efficient and does it all.

2 hours ago, WkingDisaster said:

Use moonstone to farm werepigs if you have enough pig houses, which solves food and armor issues once for all. You get hundreds of each every full moon safely. make lots of meat racks (I have 80), and jerky is all you need for food, sanity and health. I bundle extra for boss fights.

I used to farm bunnies, but it's very easy to get killed, if you accidentally pick up a meat or hit a bunny when your befriended bunnies dead that you unaware of.

I no longer cook other food for healing, because it's very time consuming. Jerky is all you need, it's efficient and does it all.

Sir, can you explain your farm? I'm really new at DST and DS hasn't moonstone. Is there any video to show "How to do"? If it's your method, can you clearly tell me how did you do?

39 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Sir, can you explain your farm? I'm really new at DST and DS hasn't moonstone. Is there any video to show "How to do"? If it's your method, can you clearly tell me how did you do?

1. Craft statues to wall up the moonstone base, or you can craft furniture such as end tables, which cannot be destroyed by mobs.

2. Build tons of pig houses around the base (more or less depending on your computer's capability) , and also build traps (power-cake, etc), so they won't return to their houses during the night. (suggest to double the walls, some may accidentally get in)

3. Insert morning star staff inside the moonstone base during full moon night, those pigs around will be affected and try to destroy the base, unplug the staff, they will be petrified, and plug it in again, some of  them will die, repeat till all were-pigs dead. Then you can collect loots. 2 meat + 1 skin for each pig killed.  

10 minutes ago, WkingDisaster said:

1. Craft statues to wall up the moonstone base, or you can craft furniture such as end tables, which cannot be destroyed by mobs.

2. Build tons of pig houses around the base (more or less depending on your computer's capability) , and also build traps (power-cake, etc), so they won't return to their houses during the night. (suggest to double the walls, some may accidentally get in)

3. Insert morning star staff inside the moonstone base during full moon night, those pigs around will turn into were pigs, unplug the staff, they will petrified, and plug it in again, some of  them will die, repeat till all were-pigs dead. Then you can collect loots. 2 meat + 1 skin for each pig killed.  

Oh my god, it's very smart idea but I think it's would be hard a bit in the early game. 

If you just start the game, you can smash all the rabbit houses in the cave and start a small rabbit farm right away, can also use them to farm spider silk, stuff, but later on, farm pig skins with full moon is the better way to go. No risk, and unlimited pig skins. 

Berry farms with turkey traps can also be used for early food. you can use a second pan surrounding the trap to keep turkey alive but unable to return to bushes for winter slaughter.

But the only effortless way to get meat is to use moonstone base. It took a lot of time to build, but works in a long run.

2 minutes ago, WkingDisaster said:

But the only effortless way to get meat is to use moonstone base. It took a lot of time to build, but works in a long run.

I watched a video on youtube. The man use that things as wall. What are they? Are they wall? 

image.png.a95ea87399394dc58f12327966663aa0.png

5 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I watched a video on youtube. The man use that things as wall. What are they? Are they wall? 

image.png.a95ea87399394dc58f12327966663aa0.png

Fossils, you get them in caves from mining stalagmites and spilagmites. though you can also use statues and end tables as walls.

Archived