The true problem with Hamlet and Shipwrecked

Szczuku

5 minutes ago, mekane said:

Hamlet is amazing, I love that many of the resources are actually scarce now.  It's way too easy to get gold, food, silk, etc. in the base game.

I agree. The difficulty level is a nice thing to see, but I still believe if feels like content is missing somehow, specially unique loot. 

BTW I noticed this is your first post, welcome to the forums :wilson_laugh:

17 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

and the Crown u usually end up giving to the Queen so meh

After unlocking Wilba there's no reason to do this anymore. There are four items the queen will accept and only three gallery keys needed, and the other three items are all easier to obtain and completely useless.

Re: Blunderbuss, while I would probably have liked it to function somewhat differently, it definitely has its uses. Being able to fire gunpowder at enemies from a distance without worrying about roasting their loot ain't nothin'. Great, renewable way to punk off masked pigs as they try to make their getaway. And

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

SHUT UP ABOUT WARBUCKS 

He was barely mentioned. You saying that and me saying you should stop saying that are probably all the more mention we would even have gotten in this thread. You're really just begging for people to talk about him more, functionally.

The Blunderbuss is honestly one of my favorite individual things Hamlet added. When I was setting up my RoG base coming from SW and didn't have Hound protection quite yet, the Blunderbuss just let me solo every wave. Even still I keep the gun on me when I'm out and about, just in case I ever find myself too far from my base during a Hound wave.

Other uses include killing Dragonfly easier (she'll stay pretty much stunlocked cause she'll keep doing the stomp attack in place) and killing Water Beefalo for Dribble Pipes to prevent smoldering in RoG Summer.

53 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

He was barely mentioned. You saying that and me saying you should stop saying that are probably all the more mention we would even have gotten in this thread. You're really just begging for people to talk about him more, functionally.

it's a long standing joke... sad u didn't get it 

2 hours ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

The Blunderbuss is honestly one of my favorite individual things Hamlet added. When I was setting up my RoG base coming from SW and didn't have Hound protection quite yet, the Blunderbuss just let me solo every wave. Even still I keep the gun on me when I'm out and about, just in case I ever find myself too far from my base during a Hound wave.

Other uses include killing Dragonfly easier (she'll stay pretty much stunlocked cause she'll keep doing the stomp attack in place) and killing Water Beefalo for Dribble Pipes to prevent smoldering in RoG Summer.

even with some uses.. there are many alternative for killing hounds, Dlfy is super ez fight tbh and u can kill water beefalo with other range weapons too... the Blunderbust is yet another alternative but not game changing and it doesn't take from the lack of unique weapons in Hamlet.

in general you can kill hounds too without having to get the mats for Blunderbuss by putting them to sleep and using one gunpowder...

1 hour ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Doesn't really look like you were joking, but okay. Not sure why it's sad not to get a joke that doesn't look like a joke that I wasn't around to see become a joke.

exactly ... u don't know the joke... that's the sad part

5c914d291662c_shutupaboutwarbucks.png.a7

Just now, FreyaMaluk said:

even with some uses.. there are many alternative for killing hounds, Dlfy is super ez fight tbh and u can kill water beefalo with other range weapons too... the Blunderbust is yet another alternative but not game changing and it doesn't take from the lack of unique weapons in Hamlet.

in general you can kill hounds too without having to get the mats for Blunderbuss by putting them to sleep and using one gunpowder...

-Yes, there are many ways to kill Hounds, but very few are as on-the-go and cheap as the Blunderbuss.

-All other ranged weapons are weaker than the Blunderbuss; Blowdarts require more materials as well.

-Dragonfly is easy if you do cheese strats with rocks or sleep, but the Blunderbuss is still either faster or leaves less room for error. It's also more convenient personally for my base location.

-I'd argue a Panflute is harder to get your hands on than a Blunderbuss. The Glommer Statue Panflute is not a guaranteed spawn either.

After unlocking Wilba there's no reason to do this anymore. There are four items the queen will accept and only three gallery keys needed, and the other three items are all easier to obtain and completely useless.

hmmm... ik how u unlock Wilba... I usually rush the BfB island and second village for hammer and key to the city and the easiest and fastest way to do this is to deliver the scepter and crown if you start a new game.. 

with the teleportato that it's a bit irrelevant cuz with houses you can use jum worlds and have as many as you want.

the point is that the loot from that fight besides the bundle wraps doesn't really yields unique weapons which was the point I was making

Re: Blunderbuss, while I would probably have liked it to function somewhat differently, it definitely has its uses. Being able to fire gunpowder at enemies from a distance without worrying about roasting their loot ain't nothin'. Great, renewable way to punk off masked pigs as they try to make their getaway. 

tbh getting close to enemies is not a problem IMO as long as you know how to kite and/or avoid enemies... and there is coffee too... u can always use distractions and transfer aggro...

and this

16 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the Blunderbust is yet another alternative but not game changing and it doesn't take from the lack of unique weapons in Hamlet.

36 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

-Yes, there are many ways to kill Hounds, but very few are as on-the-go and cheap as the Blunderbuss.

-All other ranged weapons are weaker than the Blunderbuss; Blowdarts require more materials as well.

-Dragonfly is easy if you do cheese strats with rocks or sleep, but the Blunderbuss is still either faster or leaves less room for error. It's also more convenient personally for my base location.

fist of all, as long as you got coffee.. all range weapons are pretty much irrelevant, synchronizing enemies even with a spear is much easier than farming eggs letting them rot for 20 days, then mining nitre, then burning trees and chopping them for charcoal.... plus the mats for the Blunderbust: Boards ×2 Tenpiece Oinc ×1 Gears ×1

secondly, materials for Blunderbuss I wouldn't say super ez in Hamlet tbh, specially nitre for gunpowder, nitre is pretty limited in Hamlet

if you jump using the Sky/Seaworthy to get to RoG then ofc it's way easier to have nitre... everything is pretty ez to get in RoG anyways

again... it has some uses.. but it's not game changing in my opinion... you like it .. that's fine

doesn't take from lack of unique weapons in Hamlet compared to SW or RoG, there are so many clothing and weapons in SW, much more than in Hamlet and that's a fact...

Hamlet is a great DLC for difficulty and it introduced a lot QoL changes like multitab, and also shops tbh... shop more than anything are the QoL answer to many post saying to make unique items renewable... like mandrakes... 

36 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

-I'd argue a Panflute is harder to get your hands on than a Blunderbuss. The Glommer Statue Panflute is not a guaranteed spawn either.

hmmm... with the stores now and the second island with the mandrake houses with 3 guaranteed mandrakes it's pretty ez to get a panflute by day 10 in Hamlet

On 23.5.2019 at 9:07 PM, Szczuku said:

Klei is a great company. They care about their games and fanbase. They have a lot of good ideas.

Shipwrecked and Hamlet are great ideas for ds dlcs. They're actually so good of ideas that Klei will never be able to satisfy us. Basically: these dlcs have so much potential that community is never going to truly feel satisfied with them, cuz it's impossible for Klei to add all of that. For example shipwrecked: no underwater world, no volcano ruins-like biome, no lore. Same thing happened to Hamlet. 

Unfortunatelly we can't go back in time and Klei can't make those 12k people pay for Hamlet now. This means that if Klei even decided to add new content to Sw and Ham they wouldn't really profit from that. 

But if Klei ever decides to make 4th dlc they now have experience. They know that if they make us wait almost an entire year for some gameplay trailer, we'll have some impossible-to-make expectations.

TLDR: These dlcs have a lot of potential that Klei'll never fully use cuz they've already set up prices and it just won't be worth it to put more work into them now.

I actually think both SW and to a certain extent Hamlet both capture the survial and "lost in unknown world" feel better than ROG. It is just that both lack a bit in the game play ascpect in comparision to ROG (Hamlet more than SW). They both dont really have an endgame goal like ROGs ruins or adventure mode and there isnt much you can do after the first year or so if you arent intested in base building.

It is not like I dislike them, in fact I love SW the most out of all 3 but the reason for no polish on SW and Hamlet seems to be no creative choices but rather poor buisness choice like the 12k free Hamlet copies or SW getting made by another company. I also would have gladly paid more for SW and Hamlet if they finished them up better.

Archived