Steam Alpha Testing!

JoeW

• Developer

OK - crazy hunch time. I think I may know what's going on for at least some people...

If you live between England and the International Date Line, and the game isn't working for you:

Can you try temporarily changing your computer's time zone to, say, New York time, and try running the game?

• Developer

Ha! Awesome!!!

So, when I'm calculating the "days until next update", I figure out your time zone by asking what time midnight, January 1st, 1970 is to your local computer. Then I use this offset for the subsequent calculations. This works if you live west of Greenwich. If you're east of it, however, it messes something up, and the game asserts.

I'll fix this when I get in, so that you can put your clock back to normal. :)

• Developer

Ok, I've applied the fix, and it is working its way through our servers. This probably isn't the only bug that was stopping people from playing, but if you live anywhere east of England it was stopping you from playing.

I'll post again when it's live.

• Developer

I'm not sure what the propagation time is between international Valve servers, though... Hrmmm. Can you run in the fake timezone, and then press backspace in-game? The build is in the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

• Developer
A) Intel Core i3-2310M running at 2.10 with 430 gigs free space

B) Yes, played it in chrome, works perfectly.

C) Consistently slow, the entire environment

D) Update runs between 4 and 14 with render running between 80 and 100. Both on the low end.

Thanks for a great game.

Can you try updating your drivers?

Still wont start for me. :/

Did you update ? IT does it apparently only if you tested and broke again.

For me felt a little slower than in the chrome version but a change is resolution solved the problem.