[QoL] More optimized map

I'll be honest, I made this suggestion because of the minimap mod causing severe drop in FPS when not set for very low refresh rate.

DST has a well optimised map, so I hope that the singleplayer version can also work like that.

That'd partially be the mods fault.

Now, Klei has fixed mods in the past, so we know they can do it, but they shouldn't focus fixing other people's work when they've got their own stuff to work on.

I don't have any issues with the map myself, however. 
Seems optimised on my end.

Not on mine though. If we are talking the minimap mod my framerate cuts to maybe 20 FPS. My laptop isn't really beefy. That's why I set my minimap to refresh every second instead every 1/10 of a second, or maybe faster I don't remember.

I'm don't know how mods works, but people said that the mod is pretty simple, as it just opens the normal map, scales it down and adds some functionalities. Of course I can't tell for sure since I haven't seen the code and I know from the little coding experience I had that nothing is simple to code.

One thing I should mention is that occasionaly my game gets a brief FPS drop after closing the normal map.

On 5/9/2019 at 5:18 PM, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

Moving while having the map open is a pipedream we've been yearning after for ages.

As much as I'd hate seeing the mechanic of the game pausing while the map is open be trashed and become similar to DST, I'd actually appreciate the challenge. It'd also generally make the game progress quicker.

Archived