I NEED HELP!

Ok, I started off a shipwrecked world. Moved over to Hamlet on around day 80 and the aporkalypse started already. I managed to get the aporkalypse ruins without a gas mask, but my trouble is that I have no way of breaking the suspicious crack. I have no gunpowder and breaking the pillars to collapse the suspicious crack is not working. Does anyone have any advice?

For now, I have gotten out of the ruins, chopped down 6 trees, got 4 eggs and I am going to wait 6 days for them to spoil. (cooked eggs)

1 hour ago, Pieismylove said:

Ok, I started off a shipwrecked world. Moved over to Hamlet on around day 80 and the aporkalypse started already. I managed to get the aporkalypse ruins without a gas mask, but my trouble is that I have no way of breaking the suspicious crack. I have no gunpowder and breaking the pillars to collapse the suspicious crack is not working. Does anyone have any advice?

For now, I have gotten out of the ruins, chopped down 6 trees, got 4 eggs and I am going to wait 6 days for them to spoil. (cooked eggs)

Yikes, this is intended, the clock still moves if you haven't been to Hamlet.

Your best bet is crafting gunpowder, they patched the Pillars breaking the wrong cracks, it was a bug.

Stores are closed during this time, you might actually be out of luck unless you can bring some gunpowder or coconades from SW.

I am trying to find a few screenshots involving the chaos that I am experiencing.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126096235/screenshot/826883954580049434

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126096235/screenshot/826883954580048851

Ok, I have one problem. I only have 1 nitre. I can only make one gunpowder.

OMG NO! COOKED EGGS MAY SPOIL FAST, BUT THEY SPOIL INTO ROT? WOT

You can always do a console command to end it. Press the ~ key and type:

GetAporkalypse():EndAporkalypse()

But for the next world that you hop into Hamlet from SW you can also force-close the game right after the first time you get into the Aporkalypse Hamlet and then reload the game. It will be day 1 without Aporkalypse when you do. (Your SW world will still be as it was)

Or, before hopping into the Skyworthy, you can start a new Hamlet world on a separate save file, and then choose the option to merge with that world when you hop into the Skyworthy.

yeap.. this is what I was fearing might happen when I reported this back in April 2

the aporkalypse calendar needs this:

Wouldn't it work if simply the Aporkalypse timer was a separate one that triggers only once player enters the Hamlet world? Personally I wouldn't mind if it only ticked while one is in Hamlet to prevent some annoying "forced" management when someone wants to just peace out and do stuff elsewhere and doesn't want to deal with Apork.

48 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

yeap.. this is what I was fearing might happen when I reported this back in April 2

the aporkalypse calendar needs this:

The problem is Aporkalypse seems to be considered a "Season" since Klei said they would be adding news seasons, this was supposingly it.

I personally would prefer either Suspicious cracks breaking from Earthquakes again or Aporkalypse Clock being a separate timer that starts ticking "after" you enter Hamlet world.

OR

maybe Aporkalypse stops after 60 days?

I mean the clocks completes it spin in 60 days, how about after 60 days the Aporkalypse stops and will begin again after 60 days, that can work quite well since I hardly know anyone who would like live beyond 12 days in Aporkalypse.

that way the Player will have to wait nearly 120 days in another to skip Aporkalypse but it won't be that hard/

On 26/04/2019 at 11:24 AM, Pieismylove said:

OMG NO! COOKED EGGS MAY SPOIL FAST, BUT THEY SPOIL INTO ROT? WOT

how come did you forget that its the shell not the egg that's left after rotting?

and cooking it removes the shell

11 minutes ago, MWY said:

The problem is Aporkalypse seems to be considered a "Season" since Klei said they would be adding news seasons, this was supposingly it.

I personally would prefer either Suspicious cracks breaking from Earthquakes again or Aporkalypse Clock being a separate timer that starts ticking "after" you enter Hamlet world.

OR

maybe Aporkalypse stops after 60 days?

I mean the clocks completes it spin in 60 days, how about after 60 days the Aporkalypse stops and will begin again after 60 days, that can work quite well since I hardly know anyone who would like live beyond 12 days in Aporkalypse.

that way the Player will have to wait nearly 120 days in another to skip Aporkalypse but it won't be that hard/

IMO the Aporkalypse calendar should not be linked to the world calendar... that would make it fair to all players... 

I don't think that the cracks help that much when u get attacked by any mobs possible while trying to look for the clock... ofc it's harder as it is rn.. but that doesn't change the most pressing issue

I just reported this in the bug tracker.. tbh this is a gameplay bug IMO

console peeps don't have commands to workaround it.. this needs to get fixed

14 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

IMO the Aporkalypse calendar should not be linked to the world calendar... that would make it fair to all players... 

I don't think that the cracks help that much when u get attacked by any mobs possible while trying to look for the clock... ofc it's harder as it is rn.. but that doesn't change the most pressing issue

I just reported this in the bug tracker.. tbh this is a gameplay bug IMO

console peeps don't have commands to workaround it.. this needs to get fixed

Thank you for reporting....wonder if its Feature rather then a bug and if it is Klei should add this warning before jumping in Hamlet from any world after 60 days "Warning, this world has gone into Aporkalypse, you must be prepared to die" :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, MWY said:

Thank you for reporting....wonder if its Feature rather then a bug and if it is Klei should add this warning before jumping in Hamlet from any world after 60 days "Warning, this world has gone into Aporkalypse, you must be prepared to die" :rolleyes:

Np

^^

I think this qualify for a gameplay bug since it's clearly counterintuitive to any new players and console players are pretty much screwed if this happens ...

An announcement is probably not enough in my opinion cuz then the announcement needs to warn the player with more time in advance 

35 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Np

^^

I think this qualify for a gameplay bug since it's clearly counterintuitive to any new players and console players are pretty much screwed if this happens ...

An announcement is probably not enough in my opinion cuz then the announcement needs to warn the player with more time in advance 

well it does say on the main menu "Death Defining Adventure" :D 

but I digress,

lets hope Klei does something about it.

Spoiler

or players can just play with Wheeler using just rocks and petals :acne:

Archived