Early O2 production: polluted water to O2 by sweeping.

58 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I never had that problem.  Of course, I also had clay from my deoderizers falling on my plates which was then auto-swept off.  Maybe they were forcing the plate to recalculate the weight on the pad.

that is most likely true

if the plumber added more PW bottles the sensor would reset to the correct weight.  I'm sure it's the same if any other object fell on it as well

3 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

The method I currently like is to fill liquid reservoirs, then when I need more bottles, deconstruct the reservoir and rebuild it.

I do this myself quite a bit at the start of the game. Unfortunately, it requires player interaction (though simple to remember as you get a notification when oxygen gets low).

15 hours ago, Neotuck said:

I'm just looking for an alternative that requires zero player interaction, the MOGOM is a good build [snip]

Once I'm ready for a "Build and Forget" system, then something like @Yunru's MOGOM does take care of this. I prefer to build up PO2 much faster than 10kg/s, so I use something more like this.

Spoiler

@Yunru couldn't get the mop command to persist with this build. I tested several aspects and found out ways to make sure it persists even through a door close with a mechanical airlock. I don't know if @Yunru ever tried to fix this, as future MOGOM builds focused on pneumatic doors, not mechanical airlocks. I haven't had any problems with getting the mop command to persist through open/close with mechanical airlocks. 

Some day I hope to unlock the PO2 explosion mention by @Epishade here. I always love generating ridiculous amounts of whatever in almost no time. Combined with a matter converter, the possibilities are endless and ridiculous. 

@Oozinator, I hope I stayed on topic this time. :) 

Spoiler

tp.PNG.148b5cae8043a470b383a9e04a11823d.

38 minutes ago, mathmanican said:

@Yunru couldn't get the mop command to persist with this build. I tested several aspects and found out ways to make sure it persists even through a door close with a mechanical airlock. I don't know if @Yunru ever tried to fix this, as future MOGOM builds focused on pneumatic doors, not mechanical airlocks. I haven't had any problems with getting the mop command to persist through open/close with mechanical airlocks. 

I found a workaround involving a pressure plate to open a drainage door, but it's ineffective as it limits you to 2t per module.

15 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I do this myself quite a bit at the start of the game. Unfortunately, it requires player interaction (though simple to remember as you get a notification when oxygen gets low).

Once I'm ready for a "Build and Forget" system, then something like @Yunru's MOGOM does take care of this. I prefer to build up PO2 much faster than 10kg/s, so I use something more like this.

Hide contents

Some day I hope to unlock the PO2 explosion mention by @Epishade here. I always love generating ridiculous amounts of whatever in almost no time. Combined with a matter converter, the possibilities are endless and ridiculous. 

@Oozinator, I hope I stayed on topic this time. :) 

Reveal hidden contents

tp.PNG.148b5cae8043a470b383a9e04a11823d.

Ah I was wondering if you were still working on that lol.  All my attempts to replicate my bug failed.

Hello all,

These MOGOM conversations are riveting. However, I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for. What is the off-gas rate of a polluted water bottle on the ground? Is it per kg? Is it not linear? I'm wanting to set up some serious sand to ceramic production, and I need to know how much polluted water I'll need for a certain PO2 amount so I can have a proper amount of deodorizers and clay production.

Thank you,

Crix

4 hours ago, CrixOMix said:

Hello all,

These MOGOM conversations are riveting. However, I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for. What is the off-gas rate of a polluted water bottle on the ground? Is it per kg? Is it not linear? I'm wanting to set up some serious sand to ceramic production, and I need to know how much polluted water I'll need for a certain PO2 amount so I can have a proper amount of deodorizers and clay production.

Thank you,

Crix

I note it in my most recent thread.

It appears to be 0.04%/s, or 40g/s/t

36 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I note it in my most recent thread.

It appears to be 0.04%/s, or 40g/s/t

So as far as I can tell, unless you mop up more than 1t per square, you're just as well off to have a layer of pwater on the ground? I wasn't sure if bottles offgassed more than the actual liquid.

1 hour ago, CrixOMix said:

So as far as I can tell, unless you mop up more than 1t per square, you're just as well off to have a layer of pwater on the ground? I wasn't sure if bottles offgassed more than the actual liquid.

even at 100kg PW bottle it still off gasses faster than surface PW

Archived